40-gallon Neolamprologus Similis journal

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Mine isnā€™t showing it?! I was gonna buy a 40 and a 5, and its not showing the sale!!
I spoke with them earlier yesterday while it was still showing. They said it would last through today at least. I guess she was wrong. I chatted with them again last night and told them how she told me it would still be going for a while. After some back and forth they honored the discount! So I got the 40g breeder for 53$. You might be able to get the discount as well.

I spoke with them earlier yesterday while it was still showing. They said it would last through today at least. I guess she was wrong. I chatted with them again last night and told them how she told me it would still be going for a while. After some back and forth they honored the discount! So I got the 40g breeder for 53$. You might be able to get the discount as well.
Interesting! Iā€™ll see about that. ā€œHello, petco, my friend called yesterday and asked how long the sale was going to last, they said at least through today. Well it didnā€™t and I want my 40 gallon and 5 gallon sale priced!ā€:lol:

Interesting! Iā€™ll see about that. ā€œHello, petco, my friend called yesterday and asked how long the sale was going to last, they said at least through today. Well it didnā€™t and I want my 40 gallon and 5 gallon sale priced!ā€:lol:
Yeah just tell them that it was supposed to last at least through today. They gave the wrong info to me. Maybe they'll honor it for you as well. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø The lady I chatted with said that she didn't even know about the sale.

Aawesome!!

Update: Just ordered the heater that @OliveFish05 suggested. I already have an acuaclear 50 that ill use for the filtration. I put some foam under the tank so now I guess I can add the sand and the shells!

I'll fill up the tank once I get all the equipment together. I already have cycled media so I guess I can add fish once the temp is good?

image.jpg

Sorry about the reflection. Hereā€™s what we have so far. Shells are coming tomorrow then Iā€™ll fill and ands the heater and filter! Might get fish if all levels are good sometime next week.

Just got back from the store. Picked up two fish. One larger than the other so hopefully male and female. They are hanging out with each other in the tank so we'll see.

IMG_4969 (1).JPG

The fish are doing well. It seems that I might have a pair. Not 100% sure though.

The fish have been kinda edgy lately. Not really coming out of their shells when I'm there. Not sure if that is normal?

The fish are doing well. It seems that I might have a pair. Not 100% sure though.

The fish have been kinda edgy lately. Not really coming out of their shells when I'm there. Not sure if that is normal?
When I got my shelldwellers it took them about three weeks to start behaving normally. Up until then they were huddled together really timid and so.
Overall experience showed that the shell dwellers do better if they have a surface fish with them, as they determine if life is safe outside the shells by other fish behavior but i have seen tanks with only she'll dwellers and they also work. Just give them time

When I got my shelldwellers it took them about three weeks to start behaving normally. Up until then they were huddled together really timid and so.
Overall experience showed that the shell dwellers do better if they have a surface fish with them, as they determine if life is safe outside the shells by other fish behavior but i have seen tanks with only she'll dwellers and they also work. Just give them time
hmm interesting. Any suggestions for surface fish? An open water fish would be best since the only decor is shells.

Thanks!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back