40 gallon Musk Turtle

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

BoxRaddict

Reaction score

Hey guys, new here. I have a 125 gallon with oscars and parrots.

This is my only other aquatic tank. It's a 40 gallon breeder. Tried to keep it simplistic. Basic. It has 2 filters, UVB/heat and besides him there's 2 nerite snails and 2 cories I had left from another tank and the current plan for them is to just let them be there, and not replace them as they go.

Only sure thing I want to add later is a small BN pleco when there's enough algae growth.

Aw cute, I had Mississippi map turtles, and they out grew every tank I bought for them so they went to live in a pond :)
Musk turtles stay little don't they?
I had some plants floating about for my turtles (elodea), they loved just chilling and hiding in them, before I got the plants, they were always skitting around trying to find some where to hide, but once I added them they seemed to relax.
Nice tank BTW!!

Musks are literally one of the world's smallest turtles, rarely exceeds 4-4.5" in captivity.

The floating plant is an excellent idea, and I believe I will add it for him.

Here is a close up of him being cheeky lol

tumblr_our3pzdNvn1w7qzxto1_1280.jpg

Hahaha!! hes posing!
Just be prepared to buy loads more if he decides to eat it...like mine did :) In the end I bought a cheap £12 tank from the pound shop and grew elodea on the window sill, still got it today, it flowers every now and again... I keep snails in it now. Well the snails are hitch hikers and are now pets :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back