40 Gal Tall Restarting

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Shelly_Otterkin

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Can I plant a 40 gal tall? This is 30hx23l x 12.5 tank. The lighting will just be the hood the tank came with. I would rather not put in a CO system into this tank. Also what if any tall low light plants are out there? If you can send me to a good site other then this one to do some more reading on subject that would be great!
Thank you.

Hi I am only a novice but I have been using the www.tropica.com databse to help me choose my plants. It has an advanced search engine that allows you to find plants that suit your set up.

Hope that helps

Marisa :)

How many watts is the tube you have with it? Being how it's probably gonna be either a 24" or 30" tube then youre not gonna have anything more than 20 watts. You should really just double up on 30" tubes to get 40 watts to get one watt per gallon (WPG). You won't need any CO2 because this is well under 2 WPG.

As far as plants, for the fore-midground you can go with some Anubias species and Java Fern. I understand that several Vallisernia (sp.) species can do pretty well in low light.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back