40 G Bow restart

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DAnCSF

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
CV/SIP allows many, time to do things...among my aquarium "do things" was relocation of fish. My first tank upon re-entry into fish keeping was a 40 Bowfront. It went through various occupants. The last few years it contained a dempsey, pleco, t-barb, salvini and syndontis cat. Ultimately I moved them to a 100. I then I turned the 40 into a planted community tank. Whose occupants came from the 55 tank failure project. Ah the life of a fish nerd...I'm sure this resonates with many of us. Any how heres my pre-post pic of my 40 bow - current occupants: 3 angels, 3 hillstream loaches, 4 chain loaches, 2 sid loaches, 6 glass cats, 3 scissortail rasboras, 7 congo tetras, pearl gourami, rainbow shark. Again comments and questions encouraged. stay safe and take care all. PS yup I got overstocking affliction, and at one point it had 6 angles, but 3 got exiled to my other tanks...
TFF_ PrePost_40 Bow.jpg

That's a lot of fish lol. Are the two angels in the second picture a breeding pair. The one on the closest left of that big scissortail has such long fins!!!

That's a lot of fish lol. Are the two angels in the second picture a breeding pair. The one on the closest left of that big scissortail has such long fins!!!
Yup I'm guilty of overstocking but I do lots of 5 gal water changes..the two angels haven't mated or laid any eggs but they seem to have bonded. That that black veiltail is the smallest of my 6 andels in terms of just body size but it has the longest fins. Angels are kinda odd in that when young and small they seem to be generally peaceful with their own and other fish...but as they get older they do seem to get curmudgeonly...hey kinda like us old guys...;-). In my varions fish relocations I initially moved all 6 into this 40...but then 2 decided to be king and queen. they dealt harshly with the other 4. Well I exiled the pair to a 29 and they are very peaceful in that 29 with a few serpae and black skirt tetras. That left 4 in the 40... all fine for a day or so till one decided he was gonna be king...well he got exiled to my 100...think he could take of himself in a 100 occupied with a dempsey and salvini....no luck he got bullied...so he ended up in my 30 g tall just him and some live bearers...seems perfectly happy but alas I don't think I'll be seeing and fry....Who knew keeping fish would be so complicated....

Most reactions

trending

Back