4 month tank update

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Haha might have to get me some of that what’s it like to keep?
If you mean the frogbit throw it in the top and ignore it. IIRC you are using CO2 and ferts so be prepared to throw out several bucket loads per week. If you mean the Hygrophilia Siamensis 53B dead easy. Low light in my tank and minimal ferts. Trim it regularly in the early days and replant the cuttings which will make it bush out. I'm thinking of letting it grow to the top now and cutting it into a hedge. There is another tank to the right of that with the same plant on the left side - so may do matching hedges ;). It grows slightly slower in the other tank because that has very soft acidic water - but only slightly slower.

If you mean the frogbit throw it in the top and ignore it. IIRC you are using CO2 and ferts so be prepared to throw out several bucket loads per week. If you mean the Hygrophilia Siamensis 53B dead easy. Low light in my tank and minimal ferts. Trim it regularly in the early days and replant the cuttings which will make it bush out. I'm thinking of letting it grow to the top now and cutting it into a hedge. There is another tank to the right of that with the same plant on the left side - so may do matching hedges ;). It grows slightly slower in the other tank because that has very soft acidic water - but only slightly slower.
I received a few leaves of frog bite in the mail and tried it in my platy fry tank but had to move it to my soft water tetra tank because the pond snails went after it. I hope to have a crop to show off in 6 months or so. It is mixed in with my salvinia but is only 4 leaves now thanks to the snails.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back