4 Inches Of Snow And My School Is Closed (its A Good Thing)

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

H&S is out of control! schools are so scared of being sued thats why they close, my school has been closed for 3 days this week and im fed up of being stuck at home!

one little kid aged 7 trapped his finger in a gate and broke it at school all his own fault, and the school was sued for £7000!!!

its pathetic, i actually want to be at school tomorrow but its shut!

some teachers dont half take advantage!

Likely CHAV - Only someone who didn't give a damn about their child's education would sue a school for a silly little thing like that. Just think what that would have actually cost the school except these muppets obviously aren't educated enough to realise this :rolleyes: Kids these days are wrapped up in cotton wool and don't get the opportunity to learn by experience - it's going to get to a stage where we won't be able to boil a kettle without protective eye shields and heat resistant gloves it's frigging stupid!

Its not just kids - its people generally. Health and safety legislation (in fact a huge chunk of law, not just H&S) is written based on the assumption that normal members of the public are stupid and lack any common sense. And as time goes on, I'm beginning to wonder if its true.

H&S is out of control! schools are so scared of being sued thats why they close, my school has been closed for 3 days this week and im fed up of being stuck at home!

one little kid aged 7 trapped his finger in a gate and broke it at school all his own fault, and the school was sued for £7000!!!

its pathetic, i actually want to be at school tomorrow but its shut!

some teachers dont half take advantage!

Likely CHAV - Only someone who didn't give a damn about their child's education would sue a school for a silly little thing like that. Just think what that would have actually cost the school except these muppets obviously aren't educated enough to realise this :rolleyes: Kids these days are wrapped up in cotton wool and don't get the opportunity to learn by experience - it's going to get to a stage where we won't be able to boil a kettle without protective eye shields and heat resistant gloves it's frigging stupid!

Its not just kids - its people generally. Health and safety legislation (in fact a huge chunk of law, not just H&S) is written based on the assumption that normal members of the public are stupid and lack any common sense. And as time goes on, I'm beginning to wonder if its true.
:lol:

the new H&S legislations which are getting stupider, are giving more people chance to pick fault at others and make money from it... a bit like speed cameras.

Glad im not the only one who likes to see snow. i live in Upstate NY in the states and we see so much snow that people really HATE it here. im sick of all the complaints of snow cause i LOVE me some white stuff!!! even the shoveling...but not the driving so much as my car is terrrible in it!!! have fun in the snow...dont forget to make a snowman :)

I'm not with you on the subject of speed camera's - whilst I don't claim to stick religiously to the speed limit, I live close to London (and therefore seem to come across a higher number of people who drive too fast for the road, conditions, traffic and their ability) and it makes them drive sensibly...for 200 yards, until they're out of range of them - then they're free to drive like tw*t's again.

Snows great, despite a couple of scares I had recently driving in it I still love it. Might as well enjoy it while it lasts, it won't be like this for awhile again.

Sorry I'm late to the party but have only just seen this thread - councils don't close schools head teachers do, it is their decision and theirs alone.

As someone quite rightly said we have to have a certain number of staff to a certain ratio of pupils - now- a -days many staff live many miles away.

Health and Safety has to be a major priority for us, as someone else so rightly said we live in a society now that is only too quick to jump to litigation and to blame others. We are after all looking after your children and as such you would expect us to ensure they are as safe as they can be whilst also being able to have the best possible education and experiences.

Apart from that in the South of England we get so little snow, I for one think kids should be out playing in it and having 'fun' - as long of course we are talking a day or two and not weeks. Lot's of our famalies spent more time together on the one day we closed then they have for ages!

Seffie x

:fish:

we have snow again so brought back the snow thanks lol

Apart from that in the South of England we get so little snow, I for one think kids should be out playing in it and having 'fun' - as long of course we are talking a day or two and not weeks. Lot's of our famalies spent more time together on the one day we closed then they have for ages!

I completely agree with you there. When I was a kid (long before society wrapped people in cotton wool) and I was living in Cornwall it snowed for the first time in about 20 years. Everything shut - schools, banks, shops, the works. And it wasn't because it wasn't safe or people couldn't get to work - it was purely because it was such a rare thing and everyone wanted to make the most of it. Good call imo.

yeah its melted now :angry:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back