3weeks since hatching

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month šŸŒŸ
Reaction score
Itā€™s been 3 weeks tomorrow since they hatched and they havenā€™t grew much since last week maybe 2mm but some features are starting to come through,
Noticed a there dorsal fins starting to become more pronounced and finally a little bit of blue is creeping through

Attachments

• 411CF597-1C72-4952-9DD4-0F4C518BA932.jpeg
    411CF597-1C72-4952-9DD4-0F4C518BA932.jpeg
    196.9 KB · Views: 77
I just put around 50 of 2 day old eba fry in with them and the bigger ones are eating them , least I know now itā€™s one batch per tank

Yes it's always one batch per tank and if you get any really big fry in the batch, move them out too because they will eat their siblings.

Yes it's always one batch per tank and if you get any really big fry in the batch, move them out too because they will eat their siblings.
There are 3-4 alphas in the group much heavier set than the others and itā€™s those eating them , the others nip but let them run but the big ones are actively chasing them and eating them I felt bad but they destined as food anyways as mom and dad can only protect them for about a week and the tetra pick them off

EBA my 2nd favorite fish. Been breeding them for a couple of years, raised 100's.
Right now have 2 batches about 6 weeks apart. In separate tanks of course. I was feeding them to my Africans but the LFSs have called and want them. So on to raising them, I feed them 3x per day with water changes 2-3x per week.
Here are some previous pics:
EBA Brood  1.jpg

EBA 2 week  2.jpg

Good Luck!

EBA my 2nd favorite fish. Been breeding them for a couple of years, raised 100's.
Right now have 2 batches about 6 weeks apart. In separate tanks of course. I was feeding them to my Africans but the LFSs have called and want them. So on to raising them, I feed them 3x per day with water changes 2-3x per week.
Here are some previous pics:
View attachment 126657
View attachment 126658

Good Luck!
How old in t first pic mate

Approx. 8-9 weeks young.
So Iā€™m looking at another month or so before they could be sold or put into a community tank

So Iā€™m looking at another month or so before they could be sold or put into a community tank
More than likely depends on their growth. I keep mine in specific breeding and grow-out tanks. At times, out of necessity I have moved some to community tanks once they are large enough to not fit in any of the other tank inhabitants mouths. I normally sell mine at 5-6 months.
Here's a pic, this brood is approx. 3-4 months young.

EBA Brood 333019.jpg

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back