37g Planted Tank Redone

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

phlawed

Fishaholic
Reaction score
pic

dont know exactly what im doing with left side yet, but floor is waiting for riccia project. Left will be filled up at a later date once plants are chosen.

pic

update May 4, 2006

thanks atm moved the plant over the right and like it better. I will now decide what to do on left. was thinking of this add afew bunches of this stuff on the left as it will fill and grow pretty tall. as you can see i almost lost it while having low light :D but its now growing back wonderfully

not sure what these two are called either any help with id's would be great

lfs guy called it a red something (edges of leaves have a red lining and new leaves start off red)

and this little guy (not a microsword grass like i had earlier as it is all growing from a big ball of root type structure.

well ty all for looking and commenting :fun:

maybe a red flame dragon or something like that. O and the 10x your gallons for the gph I guess is just a rule that I learned like 1 inch per gallon, it's not necessary, especially for planted tanks but for some fish like messier ones I guess it's helpfull to have the extra filteration.

Looks good

Austin

maybe a red flame dragon or something like that. O and the 10x your gallons for the gph I guess is just a rule that I learned like 1 inch per gallon, it's not necessary, especially for planted tanks but for some fish like messier ones I guess it's helpfull to have the extra filteration.

Looks good

Austin

that would be it on first plant thanks for id
agree on filtration, but stats are staying pretty stable so feel its doing ok for now.

cleared up pic in first post showing the plants nicely. The green thing at top right is my riccia tub.

Looking good so far, have you decided what you're going to put between the wood and the rock? Think it could do with something low growing to fill that space.

Im not 100% sure but the grass like plant in the last photo I think is a non-aquatic. It looks like fountain grass to me, and you may find it dies quite quickly because its not really meant to be totally submergerd. Can you remember what the shop called it? Other than that looking good :) What fertiliser you using?

Sam

Looking good so far, have you decided what you're going to put between the wood and the rock? Think it could do with something low growing to fill that space.

Im not 100% sure but the grass like plant in the last photo I think is a non-aquatic. It looks like fountain grass to me, and you may find it dies quite quickly because its not really meant to be totally submergerd. Can you remember what the shop called it? Other than that looking good :) What fertiliser you using?

Sam

ill try to find out grass type name today, but have seen in their tanks for weeks and weeks still green. Ferts im using Kent Freshwater Plant w/iron and Kent Pro-Grow. Thast all im using for now as i dont know what else if any i need to use. I also feel it is an aquatic plant or probably is as it will sink without assistance. Planting was easy.

maybe if you could get a anubias growing on the wood it looks like on the left might look cool.

Austin

could not wait any longer and put some riccia in.

it worked much better this time. I used a piece of slate and attatched it using 6lb fishing line. I burried the slate as much as possible to rid the sight of fishing line on side. But, very impressed thus far and like it better than first attempt as some of you remember hehe. Its about 2"x5" curved slate. getting 1 cup of it in soon and will build my riccia center peice from slate when it arrives. Well hope you like it and will keep you updated as how well it grows.

A good start mate:) have you a full tank pic so we can see the Ricca.

Try separating you stem plants at the back, spread them out a little, when there bunched together like that the inner leafs die back and algae takes over, if you spread than out a little the light can get to them and help them grow better.

The plants that not a micro sword is one of the Echinodorus species.

A good start mate:) have you a full tank pic so we can see the Ricca.

Try separating you stem plants at the back, spread them out a little, when there bunched together like that the inner leafs die back and algae takes over, if you spread than out a little the light can get to them and help them grow better.

i will spread those out as the roots get longer. I have 3 yo-yo's and redfin that love to play in the plants and sometimes uproot them during their play. But i do plan to do that to some extent. My micro leaf version of that plant is spreading itself out though. So not sure if i will or not or just wait to see if it does the same. its not the easiest plant in the world to keep down as it is VERY light weight and slightest movement uproots it right now without long roots.

waiting to put up a full tank shot as some plans have changed. Getting one more plant for left and took some out. Then will post the full tank shot. Will have full shot by saturday though guranteed. Loving the progress of spiral vals in rear as they have runners that have doubled their numbers already in only like 2 weeks.

Most reactions

Back