35 Litre BiOrb tankmates.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fish4dawin

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hi people of TFF! I have a a 35l BiOrb which has a few danios in at the moment but they will be moved to another tank. After these guys pass, what can I put for this tank? It is very hard to get the dimensions of the tank but my GH is 290ppm. What fish or invertebrates can I add to the tank?

Happy day...you said..."moved to another tank. After these guys pass..." which makes me wonder...to what sort of tank are they being moved? It sure sounds like they are being moved to The Tank. That said, we have very hard water where I live and I keep blue dreams. To increase the chance of them living, I would ask the seller about their hardness. Some sellers on Aquabid post their chemistry. I agree regarding the endlers...there are some neat combinations out there these days.

Happy day...you said..."moved to another tank. After these guys pass..." which makes me wonder...to what sort of tank are they being moved? It sure sounds like they are being moved to The Tank. That said, we have very hard water where I live and I keep blue dreams. To increase the chance of them living, I would ask the seller about their hardness. Some sellers on Aquabid post their chemistry. I agree regarding the endlers...there are some neat combinations out there these days.
The danios would probably end up in my 33g lol. They do need quite a big swimming space, and we bought them way before I came on the forum where we had no idea what fish can go in what tanks.

I'm wondering how I would be able to put live plants in a biorb though. Because the substrate is very large, and it means that I would need to recycle the tank if I was to change substrate. Also, getting dead fish out of that media in the biorb is a big pain and I think sand is better. I spoke with @Essjay about changing the substrate and she said something about losing all the media from the tank I forget. Hopefully I get corrected here. I know it won't be hard to get floating plants in there, but will the CPD's eat them.

The tank uses an undergravel filter which will not work with sand. The filter box contains only something to trap the bits and a carbon-zeolite mix. The rocks are the biomedium.

If you want to use sand, you will need another filter. Since the biomedium is the rocks, removing them means you need to cycle the new filter.

The biorb's filter is an air driven system. Is it possible to use the 'air driven system' to run a sponge filter? [My browser won't let me access biorb's website to check as it's "an insecure connection"]

Edit to add - I've found a video on YouTube to show what I mean. Ignore the gold fish (!) and imagine it with sand in the bottom and the filter on top.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Back