32 Litre Stocking Help?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

KeshiaB

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I have a 32 Litre (8.3 gallon) glass tank, heated, filtered, planted and currently home to one male betta. My plants are ambulia, hygrophila, bacopa and cryptocoryne in a small smooth gravel substrate.

I'd like to add some more criiters to the tank if my betta will tolerate it.

Anyway I'd like to get 5 or so shrimp (most likely theory ghost) and 4-5 dwarf corydoras. Would my tank be able to handle this amount of fish successfully?

I plan on introducing any new criiters about a month apart so I don't give anyone shock. My tank dimensions are 45cm L x 28 D x 30 H.

Thanks!

that would probably work, although the catfish and shrimp both stay near the ground and that would be a lot down there. I guess I would go with something other than corydoras, something that swims up top more. can we get a picture of this tank by any chance?

Here's a pic:

IMG_20131117_183143.jpg

Unfortunately, your tank isn't big enough for the corys and betta :/ it is one or the other.

Instead of having the corys, you could have more shrimp, maybe try several different varieties?

I have 5 Cories in my 40litres tank! With my Betta as well.. Getting on just fine! Thinking of getting shimps too! Let's do it!

Can I ask why you think my tank isn't big enough? I've been getting conflicting answers about this from people I know but nobody will really tell my why. Thanks.

AquaPit said:
I have 5 Cories in my 40litres tank! With my Betta as well.. Getting on just fine! Thinking of getting shimps too! Let's do it!

40 litre tank is about 10 US gals, Bettas will get on with Cories no problems, really depends on what species of cories you have and just the fact they only in a 10 gal tank is not so good, AND you want to add shrimps as well, that's seriously pushing it really. 

Also the OP actually has a smaller tank at 32litres / 8.5 US gals.

Please do not advise or encourage others to do what you do, especially if you do not know if your tank is overstocked or not.

Ok so if I can't have Cory's is there anything else I could have along with or without shrimp?

I don't know if it applies to ghost shrimp but I had red cherry shrimp and my betta ate all of them >.<

I think that will happen to any shrimp a betta can get hold of and fit in their mouth! That's why I want to get ghost shrimp, they are cheaper to replace if any become lunch. Another option for me if riffle shrimp which are larger.

It depends on the betta really, as to whether or not they will eat the shrimp. Some do, some don't.

I'd just stick to the betta and shrimp, you could have some snails too.

Most reactions

Back