30g - 50g tank recommendations?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
πŸ† Click to vote! πŸ†

vanalisa

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month πŸ†
Reaction score
Opinions on 30-50g tanks...are "kits" cheaper? How much to put together a set up from separate eguipment?

Currently running tanks with low-tech needs and am not intereated in fancy water. I wouldn't mind venturing out with plant ferts and lights, though.
Please advise...

my experience is that get kits with tank and light and hood but filter you should choose yourself. you can also add lights if you want.
everything costs differently.. brand, type and special requirements all make the price range very high

I would buy separate. Usually the filters and lights that come with kits are trash.

I highly recommend Nicrew lights. They are super bright and do an excellent job. I would go with the Gen2, since 30g+ tend to be deep.

@Sgooosh
@PheonixKingZ
Well thanks ?
I'm still clueless even after your kind advice.
I may have to suck it up and splurge on a quality kit with decent lights and filter included...all the time researching and deciding I'll have to go through and the agony of worrying if I'm getting the best deal/product has got to be worth something in the money department !
β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†

@Sgooosh
@PheonixKingZ
Well thanks ?
I'm still clueless even after your kind advice.
I may have to suck it up and splurge on a quality kit with decent lights and filter included...all the time researching and deciding I'll have to go through and the agony of worrying if I'm getting the best deal/product has got to be worth something in the money department !
β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†β˜†
The reason I say that the filters/lights are usually cheap, is because the kit focuses on the fact that you have an β€œall in one” setup, which is partially true, but the equipment isn’t that good.

A quality light is necessary for good plant growth and a good filter is necessary for pure water.

The reason I say that the filters/lights are usually cheap, is because the kit focuses on the fact that you have an β€œall in one” setup, which is partially true, but the equipment isn’t that good.

A quality light is necessary for good plant growth and a good filter is necessary for pure water.
I hear ya!
I have a 20g kit, not sure what brand...
I have lo-tech plants so the light is fine, but I have a filter for up to 40g. I got a super deal on it so I just tried it out and it works great.

I guess I'm just lazy! Too many choices and my brain is full of dreams about Threadfin Rainbows β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘

I hear ya!
I have a 20g kit, not sure what brand...
I have lo-tech plants so the light is fine, but I have a filter for up to 40g. I got a super deal on it so I just tried it out and it works great.

I guess I'm just lazy! Too many choices and my brain is full of dreams about Threadfin Rainbows β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘β™‘
Ah, Threadfins are amazing. My LFS has a 160+ bow front, full of rainbows. :wub:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back