300gallon Introduction

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

300gallon

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Tim and have been raising and breeding FRESHWATER fish since boy scouts, I'm 60 years old now and converted to salt water about 35 years ago fish only. I started with a 90 gallon and out grew that so I went for a bigger one 300 gallons (pictured) fish only and skeletal coral so the aqua scaping looks really colorful. I had a Miniatous Grouper living all by him self for 12 years as he ate what ever other fish you would introduce to the tank. Here is my dilemma; I want to add live rock and some anomies and frags and fish of course, I'm just not certain that the skeletal coral which is way more expensive then live rock can stay in 5he tank with live rock added to it? If anyone knows how this would work out, I'd be more then grateful for any insight or information that is out there. This tanks water is perfect and has been for 20 years and I don't want to mess too much with the Eeco system.

Attachments

• FISHTANK.jpg
    FISHTANK.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 41
Lovely tank!

I dont see any issue with adding liverock to this. Just be aware that these are pretty large peices but have relatively small mass/surface area compared to the same "size" of liverock. As such you won't get the same amount of filtration from them.

Would love to hear your plans for this, that is an amazing size of tank to convert to a full reef tank.

Lovely tank!

I dont see any issue with adding liverock to this. Just be aware that these are pretty large peices but have relatively small mass/surface area compared to the same "size" of liverock. As such you won't get the same amount of filtration from them.

Would love to hear your plans for this, that is an amazing size of tank to convert to a full reef tank.
Hi xxBarneyXX,

Thank you for the compliment. It could be a 6/mo project but I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back