April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Amunet

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm surprised no one has made a thread about this movie yet.

We went and saw it this afternoon and I absolutely 100% fell in love with this almost 2hr long moneyshot movie.
If you haven't seen it, DO NOT go into it thinking you're going to be watching a movie that's historically accurate. I keep seeing people commenting on how this or that wasn't true and blah blah blah..... and they just totally don't get the point of the movie.
It's pure entertainment that is just based around an event.

The movie is simply stunning to watch (specially the hunky men... hubbahubba :drool: ((don't tell bf I said that heh))).

It's pretty violent, but I didn't think it was really all that bad. The gore was very animated so none of it looked real. This didn't take anything away from the movie though since alot of it had a very surrealistic look.

I could go on and on about how great I found this movie, but I'll stop b/c I just suck when it comes to writing out my thoughts. :p

So I'll just say 9/10 for me. Only reason it gets a 9 instead of the 10 is b/c it just ended too soon for me. I wanted more.

i would love to go and see it but with me being in england, its :angry: not out until this thursday so i got to wait

It's out (hahah well atleast on pirate copy),my brother has seen it round a friends and said it's great.About some guy just killing like 1000's of people in a row i hear :good: MWHAHAHHA :devil:

My Boyfriend just completed the God of War game on PS2 so now this is out everything spartan must be investigated and we have to go watch it! Thanks for the review though I quite look forward to it now you mention hunky men! x

It was awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There was alot of sex in it( innapropiate for my age), naked women( again.....innapropiate for my age), loads of violence( awsome), I am a history fan( love the history channel), so it was a 10/10 for me!!!!!!I wish it was like 35 hours long!!!!!!!!! I am going to buy it on DVD and watch it over and over again.

It was awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There was alot of sex in it( innapropiate for my age), naked women( again.....innapropiate for my age), loads of violence( awsome), I am a history fan( love the history channel), so it was a 10/10 for me!!!!!!I wish it was like 35 hours long!!!!!!!!! I am going to buy it on DVD and watch it over and over again.

Like you didnt like the sex and naked women lol.

I have seen the shorts for it, I love this kind of movie and I am going to go and see it for sure. I cant wait.

I am guessing its based on Greek Mythology. I see some roman gods and stuff. Am I right?

Like you didnt like the sex and naked women lol.

I may have liked it( hehehe), but if my mom found out about ehat the content of the movie was, I would be righting my will right now.

There was alot of sex in it( innapropiate for my age), naked women( again.....innapropiate for my age)

Hang on, according to your profile you were born 6th Feb 1964 :lol: how old do you have to be to watch this film??

I am guessing its based on Greek Mythology. I see some roman gods and stuff. Am I right?

Nope, it's based on Greek History. Sparta was a very proud warrior city state whose inhabitants lived in simple houses (hence Spartan to describe empty rooms) and they believed every man should come with his shield (victorious in battle) or on it (carried home dead).

The film is the story of King Leonidas of Sparta who defended a mountain pass with only 300 Spartans (and 1,100 Greeks from other areas - though these are oft forgotten in the telling of the story). The force he faced was believed to be anywhere up to 250,000 people.

Hang on, according to your profile you were born 6th Feb 1964 how old do you have to be to watch this film??

I lied.

Most reactions

Back