30 Plecos Under 8 Inches

Actually I think I'm right, planet catfish doesn't recognise the common name "Hong Kong plec" and a quick Google search reveals it to be a hillstream loach.

Are you referring to Beaufortia kweichowensis? They are cypriniformes which are not catfish. You should really be using the scientific name to avoid confusion :p

Thatd be the one also known as the Hong Kong plec and I said it wasn't a catfish from the start but people see plec and think it must be one.
Now if there is a hypancistrus with the common name Hong Kong plec id love a link to a page on PC.

This is a really cool list! ;D Thanks. I already got my L002 and I love him to bits, but would be nice to add some more small ones to share the zucchini with him ^_~

What about the rubbernose pleco? At least, that's what Petsmart told me it was. They insisted that he'd only get 6". So far he hasn't really grown. He's so ugly he's almost cute...reminds me of a toad. I really love those Zebra plecos like smith has on his avatar, but everyplace I look charges almost $300USD for them! Actually, it seems that all of the really nice, smaller plecos are extremely expensive. Anyone have any suggestions?

Oh, and pics of my pleco for ID...
tropicalfish-pleco1.JPG

tropicalfish-pleco2.JPG

I have a "high fin" pleco and a rubber lip, both will stay small. Also a bristlenose will too. Not sure if they were on the list or not, and these ones are widely available and under $10 ;)

Hi all, I just joined to add these
yes.gif
 Copy and pasted from another site,
The Peppermint pleco can reach a length of 17.5 cm (almost 7 inches). It was earlier known as L031 but has now been scientifically described and given the name Parancistrus nudiventris. Other L-numbers sometimes used for the Peppermint Pleco were L176 and L300.
The Blue phantom pleco is a dark blue fish decorated with blueish white spots. It can reach a length of 18 cm (just over 7 inches).
The Blue phantom pleco belongs to the genus Hemiancistrus and has been assigned the L-number L128. The Blue phantom pleco might actually be a northern variety of the fish assigned with the L-number L200, Hemiancistrus subviridis, but more research is necessary before anyone can know for sure
I'm on the look out for small plecks myself at the mo.

Wills said:
spotted sail fin pleco i think it gets around 4 inches. L? ????
biggrin.gif
i think i spelled that wrong... i dont know the "L" # thingey soo, plzz edit me if u can very good list it should help many people. :fish:
If your on about the fish I think you are its more like 24 inches....

I've got a fish i was told was a spotted sail fin that came our of a 10 gallon tank, since he's been in my 75 he's grown an inch...in 8 months. At 4"he doesn't seem to be getting any bigger, was his growth stunted? Or is he just not a spotted sail fin?

I'm between the longfin & regular L144 Lemon BN. I guess it'll depend on other fish I get.

I'm between the longfin & regular L144 Lemon BN. I guess it'll depend on other fish I get.
Do I know the difference between L144 and L144a? Is one short and one long fin? I would like a long fin but want to make sure that’s what I get.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back