30 litre nano tank suggestions?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

AmyKieran

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Okay I was going to try this with 4l jar but Iā€™ve went with a 30 litre biorb (wasnā€™t going to get a bi orb but I got it cheap). I wasnā€™t going to run a filter or heater (the room the tank is in is atleast 20 degrees Celsius even in winter) and just let live plants do all the filtration. Stocking suggestions for this tank? I was thinking of breeding shrimp or something. And even how to set up and everything?

I know @Wills was helping me with my 4l so decided to tag him in this lol

Thanks

5-6 white clouds with a small air driven sponge? But don't listen to me I always overstock...

5-6 white clouds with a small air driven sponge? But don't listen to me I always overstock...

Iā€™m running the bi orb without filtration if possible, letting plants do the filtering. The tank is being set up in my bedroom and noise from bubbles will drive the wife insane. Is this possible?

Hi this is an interesting step - do biorbs still use basically an under gravel filter?

In terms of doing an unfiltered tank biorb isnā€™t the best choice especially if you want fish in there. You really want to be able to put a lot of plants in and the small base wonā€™t allow that and you would need to add some riparian planting as well.

Have you tried the tank plugged in and set up to see how noisy it is?

Mrs Lurch has two Endler 30L biorbs. One with seven iirc males. The other with six females. I wouldnā€™t put anything bigger in them tbh.

Hi this is an interesting step - do biorbs still use basically an under gravel filter?

In terms of doing an unfiltered tank biorb isnā€™t the best choice especially if you want fish in there. You really want to be able to put a lot of plants in and the small base wonā€™t allow that and you would need to add some riparian planting as well.

Have you tried the tank plugged in and set up to see how noisy it is?
No actually but the humming from the air pump might be too much, if I can convince the boss to have the filter on, what stock am I looking at? I was looking at something that breeds easy and is cool :)

Microrasboras or shrimp. Not much else IMO, maybe a scarlet badis

No actually but the humming from the air pump might be too much, if I can convince the boss to have the filter on, what stock am I looking at? I was looking at something that breeds easy and is cool :)
Cant do much other than shrimp that you can breed in a 7 gallon without having added rearing tanks

Cant do much other than shrimp that you can breed in a 7 gallon without having added rearing tanks

Yeah breeding shrimp would be cool, I also hear that (aqavisor) I can keep African dwarf frog with cherry shrimp?

Yeah breeding shrimp would be cool, I also hear that (aqavisor) I can keep African dwarf frog with cherry shrimp?
I wouldn't advise keeping ADFs in a biorb. They breath surface air and should have a large water surface area so they dont suffocate/have an easier time breathing. Also they do best in groups of 3-5 and in my opinion a 7 is too small but that may just be me

Shrimp however are cool and breed readily and if you get a growing population can be sold

Yeah I was thinking just shrimp too :) any recommendations for breed easy shrimp? I only know cherry shrimp lol
Any of the cardinia or neocardinia, some are more challenging. I personally love the blue velvet shrimp. (Warning, if you mix the colors youll end up with brown offspring so best to keep to single color)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back