30 Gallon Stocking Options?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

kempogirl101

Reaction score
Hi, in about 2 months i am getting a 30 gallon tank. i havent seen if its a tall, long, or regular. right now i want to do an amazon biotope. the fish that i plan to purchase is:
2 angelfish,
2 bolivian rams,
6 rummy nose tetras,
3 sterba's corydoras
AND 1 figure eight puffer fish...i know its not from south america but i really want one they are super cute and my best friend has one and they are my favorite fish!!!

i am also planning to use sand not gravel because i really dont like gravel.

any suggestions?!

hi the angel fish and the rams are cichlids :) also wouldnt add any more in there as they will fight a lot you might find a lot of aggression between the rams and the angels if both 2s turn into pairs and breed.

Your cories should be in 5 or 6 minimum so up those numbers. There is a risk the angels will eat the rummy noses as they get older but also you could up their school numbers as well. The sand will be good for the cories as well - sounds like a good stocking for the tank IMO

BUT

The figure 8 puffer is technically a brackish fish which means that they need to have a little bit of salt in their water and for this reason they are not recommended for mixing in community tanks like these. There is also a good chance for them to really damage the angels fins with their beaks might take a good peck at the others with their beak. Wouldnt really recommend these with the other fish.

yup i second what he said ^

chances are a 30 gal. wont' be tall enough for angels though. the tank should be 18" tall for them.

the figure 8 puffer really wouldn't work out. sorry, i know they are pretty cool, i'd like to have one someday too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back