FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Conky

Reaction score
I just bought a fluval flex 123 (32.5g) and need some stocking ideas.
Currently I have:
1 BSNP (Juvenile)
4 Black Khuli Loaches
3 Yoyo (fat) Loaches (Juvenile)
3 CPDs
1 Panda Gara (Juvenile)

I know I should get some more CPDs. But I feel like this stocking is missing something but I'm not too sure. I'd like a Vampire shrimp or Pompom crabs but I'm afraid my YoYos would just instantly go for them. Or maybe this is already too overstocked for a 30g. Any inverts that young yoyo loaches wouldn't go after/oddball fish that would get a long in a community tank would be great

I just bought a fluval flex 123 (32.5g) and need some stocking ideas.
Currently I have:
1 BSNP (Juvenile)
4 Black Khuli Loaches
3 Yoyo (fat) Loaches (Juvenile)
3 CPDs
1 Panda Gara (Juvenile)

I know I should get some more CPDs. But I feel like this stocking is missing something but I'm not too sure. I'd like a Vampire shrimp or Pompom crabs but I'm afraid my YoYos would just instantly go for them. Or maybe this is already too overstocked for a 30g. Any inverts that young yoyo loaches wouldn't go after/oddball fish that would get a long in a community tank would be great
what'sa cpd

Depending on your water parameters, maybe cardinals or embers? They would add some color and are more peaceful and active so shouldn't provoke any nipping. Red eye and green tetra are also pretty active but could show nipping if not kept in the right numbers. Ghost shrimp are pretty big and may not fall prey to the loaches especially if given lots of plants to retreat to

Depending on your water parameters, maybe cardinals or embers? They would add some color and are more peaceful and active so shouldn't provoke any nipping. Red eye and green tetra are also pretty active but could show nipping if not kept in the right numbers. Ghost shrimp are pretty big and may not fall prey to the loaches especially if given lots of plants to retreat to
I think as far as schooling fish go, CPDs are my go to. I'd consider another school but Im going to stick with CPDs for now. I'm thinking some sort of Killifish or halfbeaks

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back