3 Temp Monitors, 3 Readings.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Proxo

Fish Herder
Reaction score
What the john wayne is going on here, i've got 3 digital temp monitors 2 of which are the same brand
Long story short, all 3 are currently together in the same place in the aquarium and all 3 are reading different.

26.2c
23.7c
25.2c

they are dodgy.

go to a pet shop and look at the floating glass thermometers. Find one that has the same temperature as all the other glass thermometers and put it in your tank. Then see which of your digital thermometers are closest to it.

Yeah they're useless, pretty popular too from what i've seen;
Risepro digital thermometers, i just bought a D+D Heater controller for the reef tank so.

Time to get out the old glass ones and throw them all in the tank and see what's going on :D

So it turns out both the risepro digital thermoeters where completely off, i've seen so many people using these too.
1 of them is about 3c off, the other only 1c.

Anybody know of some good titanium heaters pref 50w and small?
Been recommended a but even the 50w is the same lenth as the 100w :/

The only heaters I use are Rena and they are glass and the smallest size is 150w.

I think Jager do metal heaters but not sure on size or quality.

I've just bought a temp/heater controller and i don't like the idea of having to put my heaters thermo set higher than the controller is set, if the controller fails the heater is going to shoot up.
So any smaller heater without the thermo would do the job, better the heater does nothing if the controller fails.
Takes a while for something to cool down in this room lol.

Hmm...why not set your heater to just a few degrees above the set point on the external controller. That way if the controller fails, the most the temp will increase is a few degrees.
Having written the above, I have two tanks using external controllers with titanium heaters (no internal thermostats in the heaters) and they've been working flawlessly for years!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back