79B203C0-9327-4E33-8CB4-3DA8742E8408.jpeg
BD9B28D4-276E-40F8-8E54-19E043DD42EB.jpeg
1AD8F158-BF7E-42F4-A133-68F68390B0A5.jpeg

Attachments

• B4D460D5-0228-4A24-BD16-0D00243E1619.jpeg
    B4D460D5-0228-4A24-BD16-0D00243E1619.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 254
Hi nice fish.

First up you need more cories at least 3 or 4.

Sorry to say but that tank is not suitable for a Betta there are not enough plants and those toys must go I doubt they are aquarium safe.

Did you just feed the Betta? His belly looks a bit big. How much are you feeding him? How often and what are you feeding him?

1. I just transitioned to this tank two days ago so it is a work in progress. It is significantly larger than his previous tank so I’m using what I have and will add some live plants and more hidey-holes soon.

2. LFS and various online sources say corries are great in multiples of 3 with a minimum of 3. I have 3 and may add more as they adjust to their new home.

3. Those “toys” were purchase at my LFS in the aquarium decoration section.

4. I feed the betta 3-4 floating micro pellets 2-3 times a day. That is what he eats in 3-5 minutes.

I posted these pictures to show progress I was making in re-entering the aquarium world. I’ve done my homework and am working towards a viable end-goal.

Thank you for your concern.

Hi nice fish.

First up you need more cories at least 3 or 4.

Sorry to say but that tank is not suitable for a Betta there are not enough plants and those toys must go I doubt they are aquarium safe.

Did you just feed the Betta? His belly looks a bit big. How much are you feeding him? How often and what are you feeding him?

EDIT: Spacing

Last edited:
Hi

1. I just transitioned to this tank two days ago
Ok thats fine then, Is the tank cycled?

2. LFS and various online sources say corries are great in multiples of 3 with a minimum of
The LFS and these online sources are just plain wrong.

I feed the betta 3-4 floating micro pellets 2-3 times a day
That is what he eats in 3-5 minutes.

Thats too much, I feed my bettas 2 pellets 2 times a day. What sort of pellets are they?

Over feeding is not healthy for the fish and will shorten his life,

Those “toys” were purchase at my LFS in the aquarium decoration section.
The little bridge in the image bellow is also sold at LFS as a aquarium decoration yet after a few months in the tank the paint breaks down and its actually not safe.

images

Cories need to be in groups of the same cory, they wont group with diff species, so you need a min of 5 of each type of cory.

Never trust pet shops after all they just want the sales, always do the research, no short cuts is the secret to success

I know it's been several months, but I just ran across this post. I really like your tank, especially the construction equipment decorations! I have very eclectic tastes, and love things like this. I have some unusual decorations in my 20.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 123

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back