3 blue gouramis

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lilmolly

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I purchased three blue gouramis on halloween. I'm going to put them in a 55gal after acople months. I think they'll enjoy the algue in the 10gal tank they're in at the moment. What do you think? They are the only fish in it.

Are they grown up already, or smaller? If they are still young and small, they'll probably do fine in a 10 gallon for a couple of months. If they're full-grown, a 10 gallon is probably too small for them, especially if there's more than one male, since they tend to be quite territiorial.

Probably fine for a short while, even though they tend to chase each other on occasion I have never seen any real damage....are they the dwarf blue or a full size variety?

even if were were dwarfs, a 10 gal would be too small for three. if they're still pretty small,they'll be okay for a bit, but they are very territorial, as said, so make sure to have plants and such to hide in when one chases the other. they won't actually fight, but they could stress each other out terribly, so keep and eye on them, don't put any other fish in there unless they are and unactive fish (will add to stress), and get then into the 55 gal asap. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back