3.5 gallon tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

If you get cherry shrimps, stick with one colour. If you get more than one colour, they'll interbreed and you'll end up with a tank of brown shrimps.

If you get cherry shrimps, stick with one colour. If you get more than one colour, they'll interbreed and you'll end up with a tank of brown shrimps.

There's more than one color of cherry shrimp?

Yes. There is a blue and yellow strain. Not sure about other colors. The red are the easiest to find.

Alrighty!
I might go with blue, match the color scheme kinda. Red seems like it would clash.

Paradise Fish. Macropodus opercularis. A close cousin of the Betta with similar requirements but able to take somewhat cooler water. Colorful and pretty.
Don’t they get about 2”? I don’t think they would be suitable for such a small tank.

I agree. Paradise fish need a much bigger tank than 2.5 gallons.

I should have been clearer last evening about cherry shrimps. Wild Neocaridina heteropoda are brown. Several colours have been developed through selective breeding, with red cherry being the first.
Looking at one UK on-line shrimp seller, they sell red cherry, Bloody Mary, fire red sakura, orange sakura, yellow sakura, snowball white pearl, red rili, orange rili, black carbon rili, blue dream, blue jelly, chocolate, green jade..... These are all the same species, and will interbreed with the offspring usually reverting to the wild colour.

Real shops do not sell nearly as many varieties. I have seen red, blue, orange and red rili.

Paradise fish are not the same as bettas. They need a tank with a footprint at least 80 x 30 cm (32 x 12 inches)

I would move the betta to the 3.5 gallon, and put some shrimp and a snail in the 2 gallon.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back