3.5 gallon tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

devillikeme

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where else to put this.
I've had a 5.5 gallon established for a year now, and currently also have a betta in a 2 gallon tank. I have a 3.5 gallon tank set up (taller than it is long), but I'm unsure what would be best to put in it. I'd love some recommendations for what to put in it. I'm hoping for some colorful and active fish.

All tanks are freshwater

Honestly, I’d put the betta in it. A 2 gallon tank is too small for him. Bare minimum is a 2.5 and preferably a 5G for a betta.

I agree. 3.5 gallons is an okay amount of space to keep a Betta happy. 2.0 is too small for the poor guy.

Alright. I'll move him there, then. I thought bettas could do ok in 2-2.5?

2.5 gallons is bare minimum but they thrive better in larger tanks. I have all of mine in 10G tanks except my last one who got stuck with the 5G that I already had. :)

Alright. I'll move him to the 3.5 gal. What could I put in the 2.5 then?

I've never really done much research on shrimp, so I'm unsure about a lot. Maybe you can help me?

I've never really done much research on shrimp, so I'm unsure about a lot. Maybe you can help me?
Sure, be glad to. Red cherry shrimp are the easiest to start with and Is what I have.

Last edited:
Alright! How many could go in a 2 galon? Any special food needs or care? the tank has a betta filter in it

10 is all you need in any size tank. They are prolific breeders but unlike guppies their breeding rate will slow dramatically once there are enough for the tanks. Be aware that shrimp are particularly sensistive to poor water quality. DOn't let that put you off but the basic fishkeeing disciplines do apply when it comes to cycling, filtration and water changes.

They eat algae wafers, zuchinni, cucumber, etc. I feed mine Hikari Crab Cuisine. Petco carries it. Red cherry shrimp are pretty hardy but are sensitive to high nitrates so water has to be kept clean. I keep my water temp at about 74F.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back