3.5 gallon Ghost shrimp tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

How did you acclimate them when you brought them home?

Unfortunately, this is very common with feeder ghost shrimp

Okay so they were acclimated alright. I think then its probably just down to the fact that they're feeders and not meant to live long lives. We're the ones that passed larger?

The 2 females were quite large but the 2 males were still pretty small
Males usually stay around 1 inch, females can maybe get to 2 inches. So sounds like they're just older ones and you had some bad luck.
Of non-feeder ghost shrimp, the average lifespan is 6-18 months, feeders much much less.
I got 1 female left, she's 2 years old, so its very abnormal.

ok thank you. Is there anything I should say to try and cheer my brother up? He is so upset that he lost 4 shrimp. I tried telling him they don't live long and it was just there time but he seems upset still. :(

Its hard to say. You know, could try to get him some cherries? Let him pick the colour, maybe that would help.

Its hard to say. You know, could try to get him some cherries? Let him pick the colour, maybe that would help.
Thanks for the suggestion. That's what I wanted to do originally but 1 Cherry costs $15 and other colors go up from there. We were also considering a snail tank. Are there any interesting snails I should consider?

Sorry to jump on this thread but how do you know if you’re buying feeder shrimp? What is an average price for shrimp (Ghost or Cherry)?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back