2nd 40 gallon breeder

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Dyl123

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I currently have 2 40 gallon breeders, one is recently set up with a few BA tetras but Iā€™ve decided Iā€™m going to leave adding fish to this one for a while, in my 2nd 40 gallon breeder I also have;
6 BA tetras
5 Albino Corys
1 young Male Firemouth Cichlid
Is there anything else that I could add to this tank, I was thinking of getting a 2nd Firemouths but not sure on stocking, thanks. Any suggestions welcome

I'm not too sure that firemouths with these fish is a good idea. They can get 5-6 inches. Maybe it can work, but I wouldn't even bother trying. The tetras and corys are so much smaller when fully grown.

Firemouths are mostly peaceful as far as cichlids go, but are still not community fish. If you want cichlids I'd recommend rams. They are much smaller than firemouths.

I'm not too sure that firemouths with these fish is a good idea. They can get 5-6 inches. Maybe it can work, but I wouldn't even bother trying. The tetras and corys are so much smaller when fully grown.

Firemouths are mostly peaceful as far as cichlids go, but are still not community fish. If you want cichlids I'd recommend rams. They are much smaller than firemouths.
I have kept Firemouths with Corys before and it has worked fine, Firemouths are also fine with larger species of tetra but it really depends on the firemouth.

Firemouths can get up to 6 inches long. As @Metalhead88 said, they arenā€™t really community fish.

I agree with the others that firemouths are not community fish but wish you the best of luck and hope it works out.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back