2Ft - 15 Gallon Planted Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

All my plants are doing well, but I don't think I have anything difficult either. My biggest problem has been the new tank brown algae...but I'm not really messing with it too much except to scrub it off the front and sides, because my otos love it!

jag51186 said:
All my plants are doing well, but I don't think I have anything difficult either. My biggest problem has been the new tank brown algae...but I'm not really messing with it too much except to scrub it off the front and sides, because my otos love it!

None of mine are particularly difficult as far as I'm aware, I think it's just because the stems aren't getting at much light as the tops... I just hope they don't end up all looking like this as they grow :/

Another photo from tonight, not looking totally clear as I'd just finished a waterchange on it. I've stopped trimming for a while, going to let it go into jungle mode for a bit I think to give the stargrass chance to grow properly.

29th%20April%202015_zpsemvpw1k0.jpg

Paradise this looks stunning!  What are you adding to the tank?  I wish I could get stems to grow like that.

daizeUK said:
Paradise this looks stunning!  What are you adding to the tank?  I wish I could get stems to grow like that.

Thank you! I'm using EasyCarbo for liquid CO2 and Plant Elixir for Ferts :) 

jag51186 said:
Yeaaaah jungle mode!! Love it!
Haha! Jungle mode is always fun to watch. The fish love going in and out through the stems at the moment.

Some more photo's from last night :)

3rd%20May%202015%201_zpsmrpi5yjq.jpg

3rd%20May%202015%202_zpsqlglxtxd.jpg

3rd%20May%202015%203_zpstr9oz5sv.jpg

Spot the odd plant out :p
3rd%20May%202015%204_zpsevcxyik4.jpg

daizeUK said:

Spot the odd plant out
tongue2.gif
Hmm, is that a Hygrophila corymbosa amongst H. polysperma?
smile.png

Yep :) I just have one stem left of about 5.

Although nowadays it is probably just a plant stem, it originally came out of the tank my old female Angelfish now resides in and bred in so I see it as sort of sentimental in a way. I know it sounds silly because it's just a plant from her tank but I still miss her and regret having to get rid of her but I had to sell my 3ft tank so I just couldn't keep her :(

When I originally had 5 stems and they slowly died off I was upset and thought I would lose all of them, but I'm happy I still have the one :)

Aww that's sweet!  :)  It looks nice and healthy... long may it last!

daizeUK said:
Aww that's sweet!  
smile.png
 It looks nice and healthy... long may it last!

This one stem seems to be growing well, I'm hoping once it's tall enough I can trim it and hopefully start more than one stem growing :)

Nice tank! Looks kinda crowded though, but very nice. I just recently scaped a planted 15 gallon, it's done cycling, so today the tank will be home to neon tetras and a couple of albino cories.

I've not updated this for a while.

The tank went into jungle mode and I trimmed it back, will get updated photo's tomorrow as the light has gone off for now. I moved all my male livebearers over to the 5 gallon and left all my females in the 2ft. I have 4 baby platies(at last count) in the 2ft now.

It's been a while since I updated this I know, I am very sorry about that! I've been so busy!

Anyway, a much needed update now.

The tank is in desperate need of a trim now haha!
26th%20May%202015%201_zpsflmdjf01.jpg

I found out I have both older and newer babies in the tank last night :)
26th%20May%202015%204_zpsostz8inq.jpg

26th%20May%202015%203_zpsigsxgvdu.jpg

26th%20May%202015%205_zpshpzk26oa.jpg

26th%20May%202015%206_zpsemuxqmcu.jpg

I also saw my Farlowella cleaning up one of my Assassins haha. Had to use flash unfortunately as it was blurry otherwise.
26th%20May%202015%202_zps0n0bwdln.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back