29g Saltwater Nano Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Just a quick update: All corals are looking fantastic!!
164D8D7C-FA77-4032-B04B-15DBC8ACFEF3.jpeg

920D8E39-517C-485C-9E42-30BE3614BCD2.jpeg

B93215FC-6D37-4DC4-A659-285522AAC643.jpeg

C1909FD3-E5FB-45FE-A92D-134C4C3D16FF.jpeg

Your tank and the corals are starting to look like the fireworks finale on the 4th of July
168ded27-62fe-4614-b408-507a2334cc5a_9754d0d4b81a8eb4bb6bccec40377b45.jpg

Looking really good, PK. Refresh my memory: This is your first foray into saltwater, correct? I have no experience with salt water fish (except catching them from the ocean!) but it looks to me like you're nailing it!

Your tank and the corals are starting to look like the fireworks finale on the 4th of July
168ded27-62fe-4614-b408-507a2334cc5a_9754d0d4b81a8eb4bb6bccec40377b45.jpg
Imagine what was going through my head on the 4th of July! As every single firework went off, I thought it looked like a torch or a frogspawn, lol.

Looking really good, PK. Refresh my memory: This is your first foray into saltwater, correct? I have no experience with salt water fish (except catching them from the ocean!) but it looks to me like you're nailing it!
Correct! This is my first SW tank.

Thank you! I’m learning a lot about coral from this great experience. :)

More pics coming tomorrow.

Don't get too carried away with the corals because they need room to grow, and they fight. Make sure they have plenty of space around them.

Don't get too carried away with the corals because they need room to grow, and they fight. Make sure they have plenty of space around them.
Totally. Since torches and hammers are both euphyllia, they can be close to each other. I’ve heard torches will still sting them, but that’s why I raised the torch a bit.

All the other corals are a safe distance away from the torch/hammer.

Totally. Since torches and hammers are both euphyllia, they can be close to each other. I’ve heard torches will still sting them, but that’s why I raised the torch a bit.

All the other corals are a safe distance away from the torch/hammer.
All corals that are not on the same individual, will fight with each other. That includes different types of Euphyllia coral. If they sense other corals near them, they will send out war tentacles at night and kill anything nearby. The tentacles can be pretty long too so if you notice parts of a coral dying, it is probably being attacked by a neighbour.

All corals that are not on the same individual, will fight with each other. That includes different types of Euphyllia coral. If they sense other corals near them, they will send out war tentacles at night and kill anything nearby. The tentacles can be pretty long too so if you notice parts of a coral dying, it is probably being attacked by a neighbour.
Yes, I am aware. ;)

Euphyllia corals can have sweeper tentacles that can read up to 6 inches long!

That’s why I give the euphyllias a wide berth.

Softies have no issues being next to each other, and that’s why all my mushrooms are with the mushrooms, and all my zoas are with the zoas.

Some people have complained that their Kenya trees have irritated other corals, and that’s why mine too is separated. :)

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Back