29g Saltwater Nano Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Good goin' PK 😊
Happy for you, looks like you're getting the hang of it!
Do you still run a freshwater?
Sorry, just now seeing this.

Yes I do! I still have my 20g long and my 10g up and running.

I don’t have a picture of the 10g, but here is the 20g long a few days ago:
1217A18B-1B6A-4A29-B313-062504A6743C.jpeg

I’m really enjoying it. It’s MUCH better than freshwater IMHO. Once you go to the salty side, you never come back!
Hahahaha. I don’t know, I’m pretty fond of freshwater (especially cold water, like ponds and axolotls) Saltwater is really awesome looking, but does the blue light stay on all the time, or is that just for photos to make the corals look cool?

I’m really enjoying it. It’s MUCH better than freshwater IMHO. Once you go to the salty side, you never come back!
welcome to the dark side :ninja:

-------------------
Hahahaha. I don’t know, I’m pretty fond of freshwater (especially cold water, like ponds and axolotls) Saltwater is really awesome looking, but does the blue light stay on all the time, or is that just for photos to make the corals look cool?
Blue lights are on during the day like normal lights.

Saltwater is really awesome looking, but does the blue light stay on all the time, or is that just for photos to make the corals look cool?
The blue lights remain on all day. However, I have 100% blues on during the morning and the night. (Blue lights are on along with white, red, green, and yellow)

Lights on come on at 6:30 AM and lights go off at 10:00 PM.

My lighting schedule is a bit hard to explain… :lol:

The blue lights remain on all day. However, I have 100% blues on during the morning and the night. (Blue lights are on along with white, red, green, and yellow)

Lights on come on at 6:30 AM and lights go off at 10:00 PM.

My lighting schedule is a bit hard to explain… :lol:
That’s the thing that’s kept me away from saltwater (along with the price). The blue light looks nice on camera, but it feels so wonky to have on all day in person!

The blue light is on with other coloured light and should not be noticeable.

The coral reefs have exactly the same wavelengths of light that freshwater rivers have in the tropics. The only difference is the clarity of the water and lack of shade over the ocean.

A normal light with globe/s that have a 6500K temperature is fine for marine tanks and will give a nice clear white light.

That’s the thing that’s kept me away from saltwater (along with the price). The blue light looks nice on camera, but it feels so wonky to have on all day in person!
The blue light actually looks horrible on camera, if you don’t have an orange filter.

Why does it feel wonky to have it on all day? It’s pretty much the same as leaving a freshwater light on all day, except there’s more technicalities.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back