29g Saltwater Nano Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Goby first because it should be cheaper (depending on species) and it won't be territorial. If you add the anemone fish first, they will say the tank is their territory, and when you add the goby, they might bash it.
Ok, makes sense.

What color of clown fish are you getting?
I saw some Clown fish with maroon color at one of my LFS.
They are nicer than the orange clown fish.

I really want Black Storm Clowns, but they are $80 each, and $140 for a pair.

I will probably go with the black/white, or the black/white/orange. I may just go with the regular orange/white. (I will be getting an Ocellaris though)

I’ll take a look at your links. :good:

I think you should adjust the salt this time. I've read and watched a lot of youtube videos that insist that it's got to be spot on. Is this going to be a fish only tank or also have a reef? I'm asking because I just purchased a "nano" 32 gallon aquarium complete with everything except the return pump (no idea why they didn't include it). It has about an 11 gallon sump on the back with a lot of compartments and even comes with a mini skimmer. I have ordered by live rock - have also ordered an RO/DI system that is portable and will attach to my kitchen faucet - or any faucet in the house wHere I can remove the aerotor and use theirs. I found a return pump that also makes waves (essential for reef tanks) . I haven't purchased any live sand yet (you build your reef first, then add the substrate of sand and pack it in around the reef since you don't want your reef structure to be hit by moving sand. The tank, sump and stand cost a bargain $500 but I've spend another $1,000 getting all the extras and I'm not done yet. From everything I've read and watched so far Reefer tanks and saltwater tanks in general are a huge challenge. Best of luck to you.
Um, I’m not sure what you mean by this? @Colin_T did advice me to wait 24 hours before adding the newly mixed water, to give it time to fully dissolve. After that, I can test it with my hydrometer, and make necessary adjustments.

Close to 0.25ppm of ammonia, and I haven’t even added live rock or bottled bacteria.
31F18E33-3DE8-4845-985D-FFC1A23C9B56.jpeg
Could this be because of the sand?

probably die off in the sand. just let it run. aerate it well to keep oxygen levels up and it won't smell as bad. if it gets really bad, do a big water change but try to let it run.

I got the RO system, but I’m completely clueless on how to set it up. ?

I just got my paycheck, which is $50, so that should provide a good amount for live/dry rock.

I really need to get a move on this, so I can get the tank cycled and get fish.

I have a 30 gallon EH saltwater tank and they are fun to have. I have some green chromis fish, which look great in the light. For some reason, at the LFS, they don't look as nice as at home. Get a few hermit crabs and snails for it too, once it gets "seasoned".

Ok, that’s it. This instructions are so fuplie stupid and useless.

Tried watching YouTube, but our fuplie wifi won’t load them. :rolleyes: ?

Oh oh. Maybe someone else in your family could help you? Sometimes having more people looking over it will get you a better chance of AT LEAST ONE of you understanding it

Oh oh. Maybe someone else in your family could help you? Sometimes having more people looking over it will get you a better chance of AT LEAST ONE of you understanding it
Got my super smart dad to help, and he aced it on the first try. :lol:

It’s doing its initial run right now!:
82A2026E-67F2-4D81-BE98-4843C13346C2.jpeg
880EBAE0-9522-4FCD-A2CC-2AD77C827C01.jpeg

It said to run it for 30 minutes, to get all the chemicals out.

I’m hoping to get the whole tank full of RO/DI water by tomorrow.

——

Should get stock soon!!

After I get live/dry rock, I’ll get the goby.

Got it completely setup! I already have two, 5g buckets of pure RO/DI water!

I plan to drain the tank today, and fill it back up with the RO water.

——

@Colin_T, when I get the live rock, does the rock need to be completely submerged in saltwater all the way home? Or does it just need to be moist, like in a bag?

Got it completely setup! I already have two, 5g buckets of pure RO/DI water!

I plan to drain the tank today, and fill it back up with the RO water.

——

@Colin_T, when I get the live rock, does the rock need to be completely submerged in saltwater all the way home? Or does it just need to be moist, like in a bag?
Just moist. When they ship it in the mail they don't ship it in water.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back