29g Cube Stocking

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

DomH

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I wanted to know if I was over or under stocked and was seeing if I should add or give away any fish. 2 angels and 1 bristoenose pleco(I CANT BELIVE I FORGOT THIS)

Thanks all for any suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Without knowing what fish you have and how many you have we cant tell you anything.

Personally, I'd say the tank is a little small for angels, depending upon how tall it is.

The problem you may have is behaviour with the angels. Unless they are a mating pair (and they're choosy on their mates) they will probably fight.

When I replied earlier the OP did not have a list of fish or tank size.

Last edited:
I know I forgot to write the fish down in the first post, yes the angels are a pair and they have laid eggs but ate them sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how large the angelfish are. They will (should) attain 6+ inches in length (body) with a vertical fin span of 8 inches or more. Assuming they are still young, the tank is currently suited to the pair of angelfish (and the bristlenose, won't impact much) but this is not going to last long. As the angelfish grow a more spacious tank will be in order, or you might re-home them (sell, give away...especially if they turn out to be a bonded pair). So if you want to raise some of the fry the present setup should suffice for a time. Obviously you will need somewhere for the fry, both to develop properly and then be permanently housed, or given away.

To the bonded pair aspect. It is very common for commercially-raised (= tank raised) angelfish to fail in their first few spawnings. Wild angelfish do not do this (unless they are highly stressed). Either or both parents may suddenly eat the eggs. But after a few spawnings, things may settle down, though this depends upon the individual fish. If they bond and accept each other, fine; but if they do not, then they will soon begin squabbling and the result in this small a space will be a dead angelfish. I don't know how you came by your male/female pair, but if they selected each other from within a group they will probably bond. If they were just put together at random, it's hit and miss.

Byron.

I have a 55 that I can put them in but I have to cycle and I'm going to get a 125 or 75 gallon still haven't decided

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back