#29 Iaplc Tank This Year

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SuperColey1

Planted Section
Reaction score
I just saw this scape and was blown away by it. The tank is only a 70cm too which is not normal the the IAPLC top 100.

So this tank ranked at No29 in this years IAPLC which is in effect the World championships as it is the one that gets the most entrants and most scapers seem to see as the pinnacle. Opinions on the actual competition aside what do you guys think?

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/292/genel1.jpg

Andy

aaahhh the waterfall scape that everyone ranked higher (or not as the case maybe). There are several discussions about this tank on the intermacweb...some say should have been ranked higher, some lower. One good point is, just to take your eye's away from the waterfall and enlarge the pic.

Amazing the waterfall is very good but one thing is , is that filter floss over the waterfall would that not go green or collect detritus quick

that's stunning. Truly stunning.

How is the waterfall produced, any idea? Looks like cotton wool!

I think its awesome, even with the cotton wool lol. Looks more realistic to a real place than most scapes that attempt this.

It does look good, I think it's the colouring of the rocks that produces the waterfall effect.

I'm sure it's filter floss on the rocks for the waterfall as it stands off the rocks and is just to uniform as it goes from rock to rock

I like the extreme variation in substrate depth and the overall hardscape, but for me underwater waterfalls are as naff as hobbit caves, floating islands and airstone divers.

That scape is truly great. It looks great, i really wanna have a go at varying substrate depth like that, looks like its just extra substrate in places rather than something under the substrate??

Deff looks like floss, zoom in

It uses filter floss for the waterfall effect. Yes it would go green but it will have been put in just for the effect for the photo and then removed again :)

Using the filter floss would've lost points as it is considered a no no in that competition with it not being a natural hardscape item.

However I think the effect, the dimension the immense sense of perspective and depth is absolutely incredible.

I have no doubt that it would've won if it had not lost points for using the filter wool, however without the filter wool would it have the same imapct?

Andy

Awesome, it does look great, the difference in height in substrate just adds to the over all effect, the hard scape is fantastic too, it's like a slice of nature, minus the filter wool obviously.

I think he may have gotten away with the buffered quartz to create the effect given off by the floss (i am no way a aquascaping judge lol). However it would have taken an age to create that effect...

Can i just add, i don't know what people think, but without the waterfall effect that tank is pretty simple with pretty simple plants. This no way means i could produce such a scape!lol

Haha ian, when looking at it I think the same. Im rubbish with fiddly things so Id have no chance, this looks like it toom a decent amount of patience too

Does anyone know what to do if i wanted to heighten my substrate, does it have any adverse effects? I know about anaerobic pockets etc but have heard people say its not really a prob... I really wanna slope my sand in diffrrent places to give a better effect

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back