29 gallon

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Synastic

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Just a couple of questions. I have a 29 gallon cycling @ the moment. I wanted to do some research before I go out and buy anything. I already know what I want to do for the top row and middle row. I want glass fishes (no painted kind what so ever, just natural) for the top and glasscats for the middle (already have 4). How many glassfish and glasscats should I get? Next question bottom dwellers, again I already know what I want, just dont know how much can go in. For sure I want two bristlenose (male and female) can I add anything else for the bottom? If I can I want something from the following list: Candy Stripe Pleco, Striped Raphael, Snowball Pleco and Angelicus Botia Loach. By the way, yes, I know I will need lots of plants and some wood :D . Yes I will not add everything all at once :p . Oh, and please don't suggest any corycats or anything like that, those are fine fishes it just doesnt go with the theme I want, the theme I want is a ghost scary kinda thing :lol: . Thanx everyone

Hi Synastic :)

What an interesting theme! :cool: I can't wait to see pictures of the tank when it's finished. :thumbs:

Just a couple of things from me and that is one) Unless you are happy to have a fish you never see then avoid the striped raphael, also these grow to around 8" so are a little too big for a 29 really. And two) The candy striped pleco needs a lot of algea to survive and should really be the only algea eater in the tank as they dont compete well.

Okay, after chatting with CFC and the rest of the guys over in chat (Thanks guys :thumbs: ). I am going with 6 Glasscats, 6 Glassfish, 2 Bnoses and A Snowball Pleco. I will post pictures once it's up and running.

Most reactions

Back