Circus

Fish Herder
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Ph 7.4
Hardness 100-110 ppm
Dimensions 30"×12"×18"

Here in a few months I will have my last 2 empty tanks running and my fish shuffled around. This will let me move my Dwarf Chain Loaches into my 29 gallon and out of the 20 gallon.

I am looking for tankmates for the DCLs (there will be 7 of them, 3 I have now). I also have 4 oto cats in the 29. I would like a school of 15-19 fish that have a lot of personality and color. I really like the personality of Harlequin Rasbora, but already have some in my 55.

What kind of fish do you guys suggest?

Ph 7.4
Hardness 100-110 ppm
Dimensions 30"×12"×18"

Here in a few months I will have my last 2 empty tanks running and my fish shuffled around. This will let me move my Dwarf Chain Loaches into my 29 gallon and out of the 20 gallon.

I am looking for tankmates for the DCLs (there will be 7 of them, 3 I have now). I also have 4 oto cats in the 29. I would like a school of 15-19 fish that have a lot of personality and color. I really like the personality of Harlequin Rasbora, but already have some in my 55.

What kind of fish do you guys suggest?
Cardinal tetras
black neons (although they tend to be a bit bland)
lemon tetras
silvertip tetras
Red eye tetra. (These fish like a nice sized tank which you do have). All of the fish I've listed are on seriouslyfish.com

Also for the mods or more experienced people, with the calculator (say the GH is 3^H,) how do you put that into the calculator?

The siver tip tetra look really nice. I tried the seriousfish search thing, where you put in tank size and what not. It just gave me a huge list of scientific names, which kinda intimidated me.
What I really want are a schooling fish with personality, like my harlequins have. That is mostly why I came here to ask.

The siver tip tetra look really nice. I tried the seriousfish search thing, where you put in tank size and what not. It just gave me a huge list of scientific names, which kinda intimidated me.
What I really want are a schooling fish with personality, like my harlequins have. That is mostly why I came here to ask.
Hmmmm, sorry that didn't work out for you. I would suggest some dwarf neon rainbows but your GH isn't high enough for them. I think if you want fish with personality and fish you already have, have got personality, go with them because you will know that they have what you want. I do agree with you on the silvertips, very pretty fish.

Hmmmm, sorry that didn't work out for you. I would suggest some dwarf neon rainbows but your GH isn't high enough for them. I think if you want fish with personality and fish you already have, have got personality, go with them because you will know that they have what you want. I do agree with you on the silvertips, very pretty fish.
Maybe I will move the Harlequins to the 29, out of the 55 then. Maybe get Silvertips for the 55. I will have to see what the fish stores an hour or so away have. I know if I want something in particular they will order for me. Might just have to keep looking.

Maybe I will move the Harlequins to the 29, out of the 55 then. Maybe get Silvertips for the 55. I will have to see what the fish stores an hour or so away have. I know if I want something in particular they will order for me. Might just have to keep looking.
I think imo you should keep the harlequins in the 55. They are established there and it might be the case that you lose that personality if you move them. The silvertips would do fine in the 29.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back