29 Gallon Tank is at it again...Help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Daylar

Reaction score
Our 29 Gallon tank is a baby maker. We don't know why. 11 years and we've seen Mollies, several packs of snails, multiple sets of angelfish eggs (that get eaten), Ottos that just magically reproduce out of no where; and now our two bristlenose plecos decided to drop a bunch of eggs next to our heater for the first time.

Currently in the 29G tank are Lemon/Black/Bloodfin Tetras (5 total), 4 Angels, multiple Cory catfish of different kinds, and then 3 plecos, the two bristlenose, and one rubber nose. There is another hidden beast that lives between the rocks whos name I can never remember. I doubt it would be safe to retain the eggs in this tank setup, unless i'm wrong.

We know the Bristlenose isn't exactly common in our area. I was contemplating dropping the eggs into our 10G tank which is at the same temperature but it is home to my ghost shrimp and my sword tail plant. Would the baby pleco's be safe from the ghost shrimp?, and then when they grow up; will the shrimp be safe?

Shrimp will eat fish eggs and baby fish.

Adult bristlenose catfish do not normally eat shrimp unless the fish are very hungry. Even then they will struggle to catch and kill a healthy shrimp.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back