29 gallon stock

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Stefan3289

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Currently have a shole of 10 cories and I wanted to add some top dwellers in my 29 gallon. Tank measures 24" by 12" by 18" (L,D,H).
water measurement are:

GH: 160 ppm (mod soft water)
KH: 0 ppm
PH: 7

Since I have the cories, I was looking for some community fish that like cooler water like them and here is the list I came up with (could also use help with amount)

- Pygmy sunfish
- paradise fish
- empire gudgeon
- Neon/black tetra
- Elassoma evergladei
- Fancy goldfish (some say soft water some say hard water)

I know everything but the Elassoma evergladei and empire gudgeon I have seen in stock but I can always order them. Lmk what everyone thinks.

Currently have a shole of 10 cories and I wanted to add some top dwellers in my 29 gallon. Tank measures 24" by 12" by 18" (L,D,H).
water measurement are:

GH: 160 ppm (mod soft water)
KH: 0 ppm
PH: 7

Since I have the cories, I was looking for some community fish that like cooler water like them and here is the list I came up with (could also use help with amount)

- Pygmy sunfish
- paradise fish
- empire gudgeon
- Neon/black tetra
- Elassoma evergladei
- Fancy goldfish (some say soft water some say hard water)

I know everything but the Elassoma evergladei and empire gudgeon I have seen in stock but I can always order them. Lmk what everyone thinks.
I've just added 6 neon tetras to my 11 cories in 28 gallon . Love them . Probably get another few when they settle in . :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200906-220851_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200906-220851_Gallery.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 162
Your tank is 22 gallons, not 29.

Skip pygmy sunfish. They need cold water and are very specialized and often only take live foods. Best for a species only.

Skip goldfish as well. they get way too large for your tank and they poop alot, and its not good for corydoras to rummage in poop.

If I were you instead of empire gudgeons I would do peacock gudgeons.

Also, we need to know the temperature and species of corydoras.

I would not recommend paradise fish they will likely eat any small fish even if it seems like it won't fit in it's mouth trust me it will.

Apologies the tank measurements are 30" by 12" by 18" (L,D,H).

The only fish I have currently are the cories, which only 3 of them are "small" since I just got them a week ago (pandas).

The stock is:

4 green cories
3 panda cories
2 peppered cories
1 albino cory

I am just looking for a top dwelling schooling fish that can go with the cories that isn't bland

Hi, Stefan. What kind of temperature are you running? I agree with Finsfinal about goldfish. Out of the choices you gave, I would go for black neons--they move all about the middle/top zones and are surprisingly striking in a planted tank. You could get a nice sized school of them in your tank.

Shrimp would also enjoy a temperature in between 20-22°c if that's what you are going for.

Currently I have the tank between 76-78 F (24-25C). (Can't get it lower atm since It pretty much is whatever temperature the living room is, but I have the heater set at 75 so it doesn't plummet at night)

Currently I have the tank between 76-78 F (24-25C). (Can't get it lower atm since It pretty much is whatever temperature the living room is, but I have the heater set at 75 so it doesn't plummet at night)
Ok so maybe you should try to get fish that likes warmer temp?

I currently don't have it planted since I will be going to college in a year (don't know where) so my older brother would have to care for the fish so I don't have faith in him to keep the plants

Do you think if I had both regular neon and Black neons that maybe the regulars would go up with the black neons?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back