29 Gallon Planted Tank Setup Journal - Tons Of Pics!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Thanks everyone for reading and supporting!  Here's a quick update before I need to run some errands.

Minerva seems to have been spooked by something.  She's hanging out in a shady shot and (as far as I have seen) is staying put there.  Her poop is stringy :(

I also have a few questions for anyone with experience.  Does val like to let the tallest leaves die near the surface to promote new growth?  That appears to be happening to some of my tallest val leaves.

Sorry no pics this time!

great tank, i like the clay ball idea, im about to start my 1st planted tank in a week or 2, i might try using clay balls aswell if i can find the right kind of clay :)

Don't know about those vals. Normally the oldes (outer) leaves would die first. And they would start to die from the top. Sometimes there is a problem wit the leaves if they float on the surface and the light is to intense (hot), but your vals don't even reach the surface...

Why did you by a single female GBR? Imho a pair would have been much better.

hobby5 said:
Don't know about those vals. Normally the oldes (outer) leaves would die first. And they would start to die from the top. Sometimes there is a problem wit the leaves if they float on the surface and the light is to intense (hot), but your vals don't even reach the surface...

Why did you by a single female GBR? Imho a pair would have been much better.
Some of the browning was indeed the outer leaves dying.  The rest of it wasn't actually any dying at all, but rather diatoms growing at the highest points where the light is more intense.  Thanks for the info!

Sadly, Minerva passed away on Saturday.  :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back