29 gallon aquarium stock

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
You could start out in a 29 gal tank, for either fish, but eventually they’ll out grow the tank and you’d need to move up to a much larger tank.

Cories are tough buggers and will be fine in 7.2. Your gH is 150 ppm? What is your kH?

Firemouths can get upwards of 6-8". Aggression wise they aren't too bad. You could do some black convicts instead. They are more aggressive and dont get as big. Roughly 4" or so. Another option is ram cichlids. Though water parameters will need to be adjusted. If you are installing a 3D back ground make sure you seal it to the sides and back. Otherwise fish will get back there and hang out or get trapped and die. That will create a phantom ammonia bomb for your tank which is lots of fun to deal with.

Hello guys, I recently got an 29 gal aquarium. I was wondering if I could put one , green terror, jack Dempsey or a flower horn. Also if you have suggestions for a solo fish in a 29 gal aquarium pls tell me them. Thanks in advance.

How about (since you like or desire cichlids - but do not have the tank size), a pair of electric blue rams and 7 rummynose tetras

You would not be overstocked, this tank size will suffice and the EBRs look fantastic against black sand, red rocks and green plants and they love having rummynose dithers

I did a larger version in a 54 g but a smaller version would work easily:)

Attachments

• 5535BA99-9281-496C-B8D0-3EA300DE51EC.jpeg
    5535BA99-9281-496C-B8D0-3EA300DE51EC.jpeg
    928.5 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Hello guys, I recently got an 29 gal aquarium. I was wondering if I could put one , green terror, jack Dempsey or a flower horn. Also if you have suggestions for a solo fish in a 29 gal aquarium pls tell me them. Thanks in advance.
FOR my 30g I did freshwater with danios and emerald Cory cat fish. You could also do a community of feeder or fancy guppies. Shoot I had leopard Cory cat fish with feeder guppies and a male betta in a semi planted 13g.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back