The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wells

Fish Fanatic
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
20210529_215050.jpg

Most Recent Tank Shot 29/5/20 (Journal Below)

Finally took delivery of my new tank, took about 6 weeks to make and get sent out.

Shoutout to NACD aquariums for a great quality tank and cabinet made to measure at a very reasonable price, would highly recommend them to anyone UK based.

It measures 1000x500x500 with a steel stand with white cladding attached.

20210402_124558.jpg

Here's a picture of it somewhat empty, except the usual suspect.

20210404_205046.jpg

Attachments

• 20210511_210324.jpg
    20210511_210324.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Been running maybe 2 weeks now, slowly been adding plants and got the last ones in yesterday.

Waiting for plants to grow in nicely before transferring fish from current fluval flex 57l.

Unsure whether to put a back ground in, or try and fill the negative space a bit more in the middle, maybe narrow it a bit?

To the left I have planted
- Alternanthera Reineckii
- Rotala Indica
- Ludwigia Palustrias
- Rotala green

On the tree a mixture
- Anubias barterri
- Anubias mini
- Anubias Bonsai
- Crypts wentii, brown and wavy green
- Java Fern

To the right with the stone
- Ludwigia Palustrias
- Vallisneria
- Java fern
- Bucephalandra Theia “Green”

No co2 as of yet but should be in soon.

20210416_200714.jpg

Had some growth, and plenty of melting but hoping that settles now.

A friend who switched from freshwater to Marine gave me an old tropica canister system, so got that in now just trying to get the dosing right, it'll see me through til I get FE setup in.
20210425_163040.jpg

Tank is now cycled, big water change done and will be adding some of my established media into an empty tray of the oase bio master as extra insurance.

Was a stressful day of getting it all done, including a cut finger on scissors and hoses popping off the kitchen tap and soaking the kitchen ceiling and walls.
20210501_103224.jpg

Here's my new bristle nose pleco in his new home.

20210501_121851.jpg

It's great to see the rasboras in a tank so much bigger than what they was in, they're shoaling has been so great to watch. They've been showing some great breeding behaviour as well, not sure if I'll get any as they did this when I first got them and they went into a new tank.

20210502_073939.jpg

Packed in some more Java fern into the drift wood and liking the look of heavily planted, the indica stems are growing well will be able to snip and replant them soon to pack that out some more.

Finally took delivery of my new tank, took about 6 weeks to make and get sent out.

Shoutout to NACD aquariums for a great quality tank and cabinet made to measure at a very reasonable price, would highly recommend them to anyone UK based.

It measures 1000x500x500 with a steel stand with white cladding attached.

View attachment 134648

Here's a picture of it somewhat empty, except the usual suspect.

View attachment 134649
Not seen this specie before lol:D

Must be from the CATfish family haha

Looks awesome :) When that valis gets to the surface going to be really cool.

Sweet man! Very slick looking tank. (The cat is also super cute. :wub:)

Added some pygmy chainsword and monte carlo from another tank to add a little foreground green to the left.

Couple of plants didn't take well unfortunately so removed, but the rotala and ludwigia are having great growth.

Unsure if it's best to use the Nicrews 24 hour cycle(includes 6 hours of no light) or just do Max light for 8-10 hours, I like the slow ramp up time for the sunset though.

20210503_212705.jpg

Guppies and rasboras are enjoying it, I stupidly added some females to have a play with breeding guppies and there are now a lot of fry, maybe a slight error of judgement lol.

20210503_174451.jpg

Rotala is looking great, is the Pinatafida doing ok?

Wills

This looks amazing, will be following this closely as want to try a planted cycle next.

Love the custom built tank, looks super slick!!!!

Rotala is looking great, is the Pinatafida doing ok?

Wills
Ok-ish, not too much new growth and there was one random stick floating around other day with one leaf left.

FE will be in soon for inline co2 diffuser as the nano canistors I'm burning through.

20210404_205046.jpg

Is that a new type of catfish? You should enter it in our upcoming Pet of the Month contest which starts in just a couple of days. ;)

Also , you should enter that tank in our August Tank of the Month contest which will feature tanks sized at 31 gallons and larger ?

More plants arrived.

Moved some of the reineckii from within the island and planted it at the front in a little bunch.

In its place is trimmed rotala indica, and then in front of that new rotala hra.

Right at the back, left centre area is some healthy looking bunches of limnophila which I've left in the weighted bunches and planted like that, hopefully that will bush out that area nicely.

The back void im still struggling to work out, so I've planted a little row of sag just to give it something.

To the right,I've got some alternanthera rosaefolio in a bunch, which the amanos have destroyed, dropped in some algae wafers to get them off.

20210511_210324.jpg

I think in terms of plants I have what I want now, now I guess to just let it grow in and hope for the best!

Most reactions

Back