25 gallon tank live stockings

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

llvalll

Reaction score
Hi,
I recently got into the hobby and have already purchased a 25g tank. I'm planning to buy and stock some of these fishes once I've set up and fully cycled the tank. Do you think the tank would be overstocked?

Fish/shrimp list:
3 Amano shrimps
1 betta (my betta is very chill to my cories)
8 corydoras (I have 4 cories so far; 2 albino and 2 bronze, I'm planning to add 4 more.)
12 neon tetras
6 otocinlus

Please let me know if you think it's overstocked, I'm open to suggestions :)

Thank you for your patience.

Hi welcome to the forum :) its generally not advised to have a betta in community tanks but thats your choice. They are better suited to life in a 5-10 gallon by them selves (maybe some shrimp and snails).

In a 25g I think that would be too much. I would skip the Ottos and reduce the number of neons to 8.

Wills

Hi, welcome to the forum :) its generally not advised to have a betta in community tanks but that's your choice. They are better suited to life in a 5-10 gallon by themselves (maybe some shrimp and snails).

In a 25g I think that would be too much. I would skip the Ottos and reduce the number of neons to 8.

Wills

Hi, Thank you so much, Wills! Your suggestion is reasonable and will take note of that. I think I will just let my betta stay in the 13g tank I'm having right now to himself. I think he would be happier if I do that.

Corydora catfish really are awesome fish.... they are "bottom dwellers" but they play all around and they sleep in nice cuddle piles... mine do this thing where they will swim into the current from the filter and then tip backwards to "surf" it back and then repeat... like you can TeLL that they are enjoying life and playing.
Kodi nox

Last edited:
Corydora catfish really are awesome fish.... they are "bottom dwellers" but they play all around and they sleep in nice cuddle piles... mine do this thing where they will swim into the current from the filter and then tip backwards to "surf" it back and then repeat... like you can TeLL that they are enjoying life and playing.
Wow, you have some really cute cories right there! For mine, they always scavenging around for food the whole day, occasionally chasing each other for fun. I don't really know how to make them playful like yours to be honest... I will add some more of it once my tank has fully set up, maybe by then they would be more playful enough like yours :').

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back