240-pound sturgeon, among biggest ever recorded in United States, is caught in Detroit River

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
My local breeder has Siberian sturgeon for sale , this time of year he’s always plugging the pond fish
I once caught a 38lbs white sturgeon fishing in Oxford on cheese believe it or not seeing if I can find the photo

My local breeder has Siberian sturgeon for sale , this time of year he’s always plugging the pond fish
I once caught a 38lbs white sturgeon fishing in Oxford on cheese believe it or not seeing if I can find the photo
Cheese?....never heard of THAT kind of bait before, lol...yes, post the pic if you can find it

Cheese?....never heard of THAT kind of bait before, lol...yes, post the pic if you can find it
Yes, catfish especially like it, but only the smelly kind. Bottom feeders are pretty much the only fish you can catch with cheese.

Yes, catfish especially like it, but only the smelly kind. Bottom feeders are pretty much the only fish you can catch with cheese.
Fished with my Dad for many years (freshwater), and have never heard of this....interesting...how do you keep it on the hook?...seems like it would just fall off...and BTW, most of the "stinky" cheeses are the ones I like best ;)

Yeah cheese an older bloke who was fishing come over to me and my mate as he was packing up and gave us some cheese cubes and said give them a try they had been soaked in some nasty crap but we was night fishing and drinking a few bevy’s and partaking in gods herb so thought let’s try it lol we was fishing for wells catfish all daylight and most of dusk and not caught anything so kinda gave up n about 1/2 am my rod raced off lol , I haven’t got the photo on this phone just asked my friend if he has it , we didn’t know what it was we had to google it lol

Yeah cheese an older bloke who was fishing come over to me and my mate as he was packing up and gave us some cheese cubes and said give them a try they had been soaked in some nasty crap but we was night fishing and drinking a few bevy’s and partaking in gods herb so thought let’s try it lol we was fishing for wells catfish all daylight and most of dusk and not caught anything so kinda gave up n about 1/2 am my rod raced off lol , I haven’t got the photo on this phone just asked my friend if he has it , we didn’t know what it was we had to google it lol
Sounds like a fun time!

LOL....I hear ya...my two girls are grown and gone, not sure I'll ever grow up...:p
I messed up my lol I have two daughters my eldest is eight so ten years job done, I’d be 38 lots of time to do stuff but no
My youngest is two so in doing this sh!t next 16 years minimum and with the wife wanting a boy I’m done for, going to need a second job and anti depressants :rofl:

I messed up my lol I have two daughters my eldest is eight so ten years job done, I’d be 38 lots of time to do stuff but no
My youngest is two so in doing this sh!t next 16 years minimum and with the wife wanting a boy I’m done for, going to need a second job and anti depressants :rofl:
Yeah, you're just getting started, my friend....sincerest condolences, lol

Fished with my Dad for many years (freshwater), and have never heard of this....interesting...how do you keep it on the hook?...seems like it would just fall off...and BTW, most of the "stinky" cheeses are the ones I like best ;)
You just have to weave it through. Usually the cubes work better than the slices. If you do end up using it, make sure to bring a lot, because you will probably have to renew it on the hook often.

You just have to weave it through. Usually the cubes work better than the slices. If you do end up using it, make sure to bring a lot, because you will probably have to renew it on the hook often.
We had it on a pop up trail ,, so the hook was 4inches above the bottom line with a pop up Boylie at the end the cheese was line fed to the end so floated below the hook would of worked better with a pva bag to be fair n just let the hook sit in the bait

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back