240-pound sturgeon, among biggest ever recorded in United States, is caught in Detroit River

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
We had it on a pop up trail ,, so the hook was 4inches above the bottom line with a pop up Boylie at the end the cheese was line fed to the end so floated below the hook would of worked better with a pva bag to be fair n just let the hook sit in the bait
That works too. I just preferred using a few split shots a few inches above the hook.

That works too. I just preferred using a few split shots a few inches above the hook.
I use that method on river fishing for fast takes with a wire tracer mainly because the barbell over here hit like a rocket and can snap line , still water like lakes and pools I often use a pva bag or just float fish something cool about float fishing I’m guessing in the USA you chaps spend a lot of time spinning on a lure

I use that method on river fishing for fast takes with a wire tracer mainly because the barbell over here hit like a rocket and can snap line , still water like lakes and pools I often use a pva bag or just float fish something cool about float fishing I’m guessing in the USA you chaps spend a lot of time spinning on a lure
I used to use bobbers when catfish fishing, but my lake bottom was so dippy, that I had to keep adjusting the bobber every time I re-cast.

For bass I used hard baits, rooster tails, and occasionally worms. For sunfish, I used small soft “grub”s. Sunfish are super easy to catch up here. Bass... less so.

White Sturgeons can get up to 310 pounds, although that’s only the record. These fish can get much much heavier, as they can web over 20ft in length.

I personally believe there are some giants out there, that no one has caught yet.

I used to use bobbers when catfish fishing, but my lake bottom was so dippy, that I had to keep adjusting the bobber every time I re-cast.

For bass I used hard baits, rooster tails, and occasionally worms. For sunfish, I used small soft “grub”s. Sunfish are super easy to catch up here. Bass... less so.
Here in the uk most match fishing is carp , most anglers personal bests will be in a crap mine in a common carp 41.3lbs and the 0.3 matters ahahh I caught that on simple sweet corn lol my mate had had some real nice pike on lures but I haven’t got the attention for spinning

Here in the uk most match fishing is carp , most anglers personal bests will be in a crap mine in a common carp 41.3lbs and the 0.3 matters ahahh I caught that on simple sweet corn lol my mate had had some real nice pike on lures but I haven’t got the attention for spinning
My best black crappie was 4lb, although I’ve never fished for carp.

My best bass was a massive 24 inch, 8lb+ largemouth. (Caught it on a bleeding shad rooster tail)

—-

I hear corn is very good for carp fishing, lol.

My best bass was a massive 24 inch, 8lb+ largemouth. (Caught it on a bleeding shad rooster tail)

—-

I hear corn is very good for carp fishing, lol.
Iv caught a lot on corn was the go to as a kid lol was always in the house and cheap , problem now as an adult with children if I go fishing it’s just an escape from the wife and kids and it ends up a mini party n I completely forget I’m fishing lol

Wow, Matt, that's a doozie. I think it's funny that the article specifies that the people in the boat were in their 30s. Was that just to compare with the fish, or what??? :lol:

Biggest fish I ever caught was a 30 pound carp.

My local breeder has Siberian sturgeon for sale , this time of year he’s always plugging the pond fish
Pretty sure sturgeon are on the protected species list (CITES or whatever it's called) and nobody is meant to be handling, selling, fishing for, or keeping them.

Pretty sure sturgeon are on the protected species list (CITES or whatever it's called) and nobody is meant to be handling, selling, fishing for, or keeping them.
Yes, they are. People usually kill them for their expensive caviar.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back