23 Litre Fluval Edge, Planted, Just Waiting For Shrimpies!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Katzfish

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Just trying this one first to see if the photo is attached.

DSCF2004.jpg

I still have some more work to do on it and may yet change a few things round but it is beginning to look something like I want it. Comments, positive criticism and advice accepted gracefully!!

Attachments

• DSCF2006.jpg
    DSCF2006.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 263
  • DSCF2007.jpg
    DSCF2007.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 263
  • DSCF2010.jpg
    DSCF2010.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 262
Needs a light in there? Or is it just me :p

It will have a light in there Techen, a small LED light that is hidden inside the top cover. Not really a high tech light but fine for low tech plants.

I myself, have at the Fluval Edge 46l, not set up at the moment but a nice looking tank but kinda difficult to clean do to design of tank. 

Although your set up looks lovely and i do quite like that substrate you have in there, not seen that one before. Nice 
smile.png

Will be great to see when shrimps have been added and would love to see pics of them in this tank when you've done that 
laugh.png

What kind of shrimps are you planning to get BTW.

DSCF2020.JPG

My tank is up and running but it hasn't been plain sailing. I bought some red cherry shrimpies but hadn't put anything over the filter intake so they were all in the filter the next morning, so I bought a sponge and put it over the filter intake very promptly.
This was the start and though I managed to salvage a few from the filter they just disappeared over the following days. So I got some more, yellow, larger ones, and all was well until my other half, bless him, bought a Betta and out of 12 shrimp I now have 5 left, so upset.
I also have 4 tiny nerite snails which are cute and 2 rabbit snails which are chomping some of my plants to bits.
I have put some larger shrimp tubes in the tank which the Betta loves to swim through and the rabbit snails doss down in there during the day. Poor little shrimpies don't get a look in. I am using ferts for the plants and they seem to be growing reasonably well but I will need to reposition some of them soon.

I am testing the water twice a week and changing around 23-30%weekly and water parameters are staying relatively stable. 

Anything else I should be doing?

Attachments

• DSCF2024.JPG
    DSCF2024.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 270

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back