22 gallon Small river based aquarium journal.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
any nitrite means 50% water change asap. I'm saying this from experience.
I was going to say the nitrites are probably why they are swimming to the surface.
Going off my own cories, they stay near the bottom. The only time they venture up, is when they are right next to the decor I have. Hardly any free swimming.

Ok, I just tested my water and here are my parameters:

Ammonia: 0ppm

Nitrites: 0.1ppm

Nitrates: 5ppm

Ph: 7.3

Temperature: 26 degrees celcius.

They seem fine to me :^). Do you think there ok? :^)
Just because these are the results that you got from your testing, doesn’t mean they are 100% accurate or that they will stay that low. Because of the fact that you quickly got fish, you may have an ammonia spike. Keep monitoring levels for the next week and do a small water change.

(Doing too big of a water change will cause more harm that good )

Just because these are the results that you got from your testing, doesn’t mean they are 100% accurate or that they will stay that low. Because of the fact that you quickly got fish, you may have an ammonia spike. Keep monitoring levels for the next week and do a small water change.

(Doing too big of a water change will cause more harm that good )
Ok, I will test ammonia, nitrites every day and nitrates every second day because its not AS important. I will do 20% water change every day, is that to much? If it is ill do 15%

Ok, I will test ammonia, nitrites every day and nitrates every second day because its not AS important. I will do 20% water change every day, is that to much? If it is ill do 15%
If the nitrites are still at 0.1 tomorrow, then I would do a 20% wc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back