22 gallon Small river based aquarium journal.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are a very rude young person. YOU have joined a forum, YOU are asking lots of questions (which in my opinion you should already know the answers to being such an ā€˜experiencedā€™ fish keeper). WE are taking our time to answer YOUR queries. If you donā€™t want us to answer, stop posting/asking questions!
Chillllllllllllll bro

Anyway, I feel like whenever I make thread it just turns into a full blown argument! Anyway. Here are photos of the tank with the corys in it:
And its very hard to take a decent photo of them because there so active!
20211022_185158.jpg

20211022_185448.jpg

I'm 100% sure the tank is cycled, I adore animals. I would never add fish to an uncycled tank. I LOVE animals. I promise you all they will live a long, happy healthy life.
And I can 100% guarantee the tank is not cycled. Sticking a bit of fish food I a couple of weeks ago would not give you a cycled tank now. I doubt that it has even got up to a high enough ammonia level yet to begin the process.

Everyone knows it including you, you just don't want don't want hear it, again.

That is why evenry thread you post turns into an argument.
You ask a beginners question.
You get lots of useful answers by people with much more experience than you.
Because you don't like being told to wait you argue that you know better and go against all the good advice you have given.

At the end of the day you have willing chosen to put animals into an environment that is going to harm them. Considering that this forum is generally full of animal lovers I wouldn't expect that to go down well.

And I can 100% guarantee the tank is not cycled. Sticking a bit of fish food I a couple of weeks ago would not give you a cycled tank now. I doubt that it has even got up to a high enough ammonia level yet to begin the process.

Everyone knows it including you, you just don't want don't want hear it, again.

That is why evenry thread you post turns into an argument.
You ask a beginners question.
You get lots of useful answers by people with much more experience than you.
Because you don't like being told to wait you argue that you know better and go against all the good advice you have given.

At the end of the day you have willing chosen to put animals into an environment that is going to harm them. Considering that this forum is generally full of animal lovers I wouldn't expect that to go down well.
Oh no, that's not why :^). Its because I literally thought the tank was cycled :^), but I completely 7nderstand why you would think that :)

Oh no, that's not why :^). Its because I literally thought the tank was cycled :^), but I completely 7nderstand why you would think that :)
And you was told multiple times that it wasn't. And yet you ignored that claimed you are an expert fish keeper with much experience and went and put fish in anyway.

There is a reason that the threads you post went from lots of people trying to help you to just one or two. People get fed up trying to help someone that just doesn't want to learn and makes excuse after excuse.

It would be the humane thing to do to return those Cory to the shop. They will die otherwise. Just as your other fish have died thanks to your total impatience and immaturity

You'll not get any further assistance from me cos as I said at the start of this thread and on your many others.....you refuse to listen or take advice. I ain't going to be wasting anymore time or breath on you and that is a great shame cos when done right, fishkeeping is an incredibly rewarding pastime...and you'll never enjoy it until you learn to curb the impatience and listen to people and do as you are told.

Can one of the mods please delete all the messages that aren't to do with my tank, this is meant to be a jou
Anyway, I feel like whenever I make thread it just turns into a full blown argument! Anyway. Here are photos of the tank with the corys in it:
And its very hard to take a decent photo of them because there so active!
View attachment 146045
View attachment 146046
If any of you are wandering what that weird grey and brown glow is, ilthere sinking wafers for the corys.

It would be the humane thing to do to return those Cory to the shop. They will die otherwise. Just as your other fish have died thanks to your total impatience and immaturity

You'll not get any further assistance from me cos as I said at the start of this thread and on your many others.....you refuse to listen or take advice. I ain't going to be wasting anymore time or breath on you and that is a great shame cos when done right, fishkeeping is an incredibly rewarding pastime...and you'll never enjoy it until you learn to curb the impatience and listen to people and do as you are told.
I don't remember any fish dying? Besides from that 1 guppy and the shrimp that got slaughtered by my betta, and I am doing things right, in my opinion, I can look after my fish. I have done it, so I can. That's why I'm getting annoyed, I know I can look after them and everyone's discouraging me, and if there are any mods reading this can you please delete this thread as it is going completely off topic. I will make a new journal with just things to do with my tank. Thanks.

Can one of the mods please delete all the messages that aren't to do with my tank, this is meant to be a jou

If any of you are wandering what that weird grey and brown glow is, ilthere sinking wafers for the corys.
All messages have to do with your tank and people trying to prevent you for doing things that probably will kill these beautiful C.sterbai.

But as mentioned by others I don't think you'll accepting any guidance or advises of other people for some reason.

This thread isn't a joy as you're calling it, it is an example of stubborn doing your own things without acceptance of any advises that would and should lead you on a different path (of patience)

Hoping we all are wrong and the C.sterbai (which are no Banded Corys as mentioned in you initial post) will thrive in this tank and not in fish-heaven.

Succes.

MY LAST INPUT on this matter.

if you want to do a ''quick cycle'' and be ready in days LISTEN to @AbbeysDad if he is still willing to help you.

here is a method of cycling that's quick and efficient .

names changed in below example for privacy purposes

My friend Joe Bloggs doesn't 'cycle' a tank. He's added a fish or two to a 'new' tank WITH PLANTS and lets nature take it's course. Of course with only a fish or two in a 'new' tank, ammonia levels are slow to rise and the plants will use that ammonia as their nitrogen source as the bacteria slowly develops and matures.
I have setup many 'new' tanks by simply 'cleaning' a filter sponge from an established tank in the new tank water. Enough bacteria is transferred to easily handle a few fish.
And then there's the 'bacteria in a bottle' products. Now many still would have you believe these are just 'snake oil' and just don't work. I think this is largely due to when they first came on the scene, they were in fact the wrong bacteria. But since then, largely due to the research of Dr. Tim Hovanec, these products came of age and really can 'instant cycle' a tank (see the interview with Dr. Tim in the article linked above). Now there still may be some issues with transportation and storage but by in large, these products work.

WATCH THIS->Dr Tim on Beneficial Bacteria and Cycling

being totally honest this is exactly how i cycled my own tank added a bacterial starter fed the empty tank

i had fish in on the 3rd day only 3
a week or so after that i bought 3 another 2 weeks after i bought 2 more fish

ive not had one avoidable death

one fish died of Cancer :-(

but all the rest of the gang are going well and its been over 4 months now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back