22 gallon Small river based aquarium journal.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think you will realistically be breeding them anytime soon. Not sure how safe the eggs and fry would be in a small community tank, I think gourami parenting ends after the eggs hatch, I could be wrong. You will need it much better planted including either floaters or long stems that are sort of draped over the surface.

My gourami get frisky every single week, but I think I am destroying the bubble nests before anyone gets a chance to lay eggs because I don't want to delay water changes. The female will need a longer tank with plenty of hiding places - as I think the males are "single dads" after the deed is done.

Only fish I have bred , are some cories, and that wasn't deliberate. I am somewhat concerned they only laid in first few months tbh, I have about 7 or 8 in total, 4 or 5 were born in the tank. I suspect that either only males survive, or the only females are hybrids and infertile "mules." (Two of the original stock, though bought together had gold stripes, now I have seven with gold stripes, and the mother definitely didn't; I watched her deposit the eggs on the glass; only one of the "plain" ones survives, and is almost certainly a male; all the baies born in tank had the stripe, so dad was one of the original two; my theory is they were different species or likely hybrids of nth generation to start with)

just wait till youve got more experience in general fish keeping

there's ugly sides to breeding fish -research selective breeding and techniques for breeding perfect specimens and you'll see that alot of fry never see past there first few weeks if there not right for money making

also costs to breeding
the research involved in breeding different species is huge!
mounting food bills maintenance bills
then there's space you need lots of it!
and to make any real amount of money you need about 30 tanks with different species
then theres the growing out of fry before sale

and Culling Bad Fry from the batch

some fish are worth alot of money because there incredibly hard to breed

I don't think you will realistically be breeding them anytime soon. Not sure how safe the eggs and fry would be in a small community tank, I think gourami parenting ends after the eggs hatch, I could be wrong. You will need it much better planted including either floaters or long stems that are sort of draped over the surface.

My gourami get frisky every single week, but I think I am destroying the bubble nests before anyone gets a chance to lay eggs because I don't want to delay water changes. The female will need a longer tank with plenty of hiding places - as I think the males are "single dads" after the deed is done.

Only fish I have bred , are some cories, and that wasn't deliberate. I am somewhat concerned they only laid in first few months tbh, I have about 7 or 8 in total, 4 or 5 were born in the tank. I suspect that either only males survive, or the only females are hybrids and infertile "mules." (Two of the original stock, though bought together had gold stripes, now I have seven with gold stripes, and the mother definitely didn't; I watched her deposit the eggs on the glass; only one of the "plain" ones survives, and is almost certainly a male; all the baies born in tank had the stripe, so dad was one of the original two; my theory is they were different species or likely hybrids of nth generation to start with)
Ok, I do have a 3 gallon fry tank ill bring the baby's up it. I'll also breed cherry shrimp. Thanks.

there's ugly sides to breeding fish -research selective breeding and techniques for breeding perfect specimens and you'll see that alot of fry never see past there first few weeks if there not right for money making

also costs to breeding

and to make any real amount of money you need about 30 tanks with different species

Ummm i don't think I need to make a lot of money right now...at least not yet. It would just be to make extra to put towards fish keeping and a sailboat.

also costs to breeding
the research involved in breeding different species is huge!

And ok, I'll wait 6 months.

I have seen many threads of 1st time cyclers like me saying "cycled tank unexpected fish deaths" or "Fish dying in cycled tank" Ect etc, its probably one of the most common threads on this forum, after that the people who know what there doing like you tell them why they cycled there tank incorrectly, then the fish die, then they learn a valuable lesson and do it right next time, thats why i like the forum.
Thereā€™s a huge difference and making a mistake that kills fish, and making a deliberate decision to put fish in a tank that isnā€™t cycled, that you know isnā€™t cycled, and that you are still going against good advice and doing anyway.

That is pure spite and animal cruelty - you clearly are not mature enough to be caring for living things and should find a less destructive hobby šŸ˜”

I'm 100% sure the tank is cycled, I adore animals. I would never add fish to an uncycled tank. I LOVE animals. I promise you all they will live a long, happy healthy life.

Last edited:
And I added the corys to the tank. Now leave me alone.
You are a very rude young person. YOU have joined a forum, YOU are asking lots of questions (which in my opinion you should already know the answers to being such an ā€˜experiencedā€™ fish keeper). WE are taking our time to answer YOUR queries. If you donā€™t want us to answer, stop posting/asking questions!

You are a very rude young person. YOU have joined a forum, YOU are asking lots of questions (which in my opinion you should already know the answers to being such an ā€˜experiencedā€™ fish keeper). WE are taking our time to answer YOUR queries. If you donā€™t want us to answer, stop posting/asking questions!
I do want the answer? I have taken your advice, and I PROMISE, they will live a long healthy life :^)

You havenā€™t and you canā€™t promise that. And Iā€™m not going to discuss this any further with you. Arguing with children is pointless - they donā€™t have the maturity to adjust their thinking and ā€œnowā€ impulses.
I have. You have all seen pictures of the fish I have kept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back