22 gallon community tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
If you want colour make sure you get a female too. My Ram was super colourful when i had the female in with him then when i took her out he lost his pazzaz.

They're a stunning fish though, you'll love it!
He had no reason to dress up nice... ;)

Ok... First of all... just wow man. Im curious at how much the angels went for, I mean JEEZ there was a lot. Second of all that community tank looks stunning its a show stopper. NICE JOB DUDE!
Was selling the bigger ones for $5 per fish and the smaller ones for $2. If you can have a few Angel pairs in different tanks breeding they can be a good money maker and very popular but for just one pair it takes too long to get the babies to a size big enough to sell so it's not really worth it.

Last edited:
Finished the new set ups hardscape. Just need to swap the black background for white and get some plants!
20210916_150016.jpg

20211007_202615.jpg

Finally got around to planting. I put my original filter that has been running on a spare tank to instant cycle but it's reading about 2.0ppm ammonia so I'm guessing the ADA Amazonia is leeching lots of ammonia. Lucky I didn't add any fish without checking!

I think it definitely needs more plants but I just wanted to get it running as I was sick of looking at a dry tank lol

Last edited:
Very nice 'scape! I always plan to do scapes like this but then end up just going for the "chuck it in and wait for it to look like a jungle" approach.

Yeah the Amazonia does leech a TON of ammonia to begin with. You probably already know this but I would do a lot of water changes for the next month or so or you will end up with a lot of hair algae ( I have had this in every tank I used this Aquasoil in). It does settle down after a bit and the more water changes you do the faster that happens.

Very nice 'scape! I always plan to do scapes like this but then end up just going for the "chuck it in and wait for it to look like a jungle" approach.

Yeah the Amazonia does leech a TON of ammonia to begin with. You probably already know this but I would do a lot of water changes for the next month or so or you will end up with a lot of hair algae ( I have had this in every tank I used this Aquasoil in). It does settle down after a bit and the more water changes you do the faster that happens.
Yeh I've been using this soil a bit lately and you're right, if you don't do enough water changes you get heaps of hair algae. I'm starting to get heaps in my apisto tank so think I need to get ontop of it lol

I added my Panda Corys, Kuhli loaches and honey gourami from the old set up, didn't want to add the harlequin rasboras or red eye balloon tetras so I went to the fish shop and got some new fish! I added 20 ember tetras, 10 green neon tetras and a Golden Ram. Check out the schooling behaviour on the tetras!

Last edited:
Not much to update really lol

It's all coming along nicely but starting to get brown diatom algae on the rocks and some green algae on the spiderwood so might get some otos as a clean up crew. Unfortunately the ram finds my red cherry shrimp to be a delicious treat so i need a clean up crew he won't eat :mad:

2 Months ago
20211010_212721.jpg

v.s now
20211206_202412.jpg

Have been filling it out with clippings as the plants grow. Starting to look a bit better. The corys and kuhlis have rearranged the substrate but ehh what are you gonna do? Lol

Also had to do a 3 day black out as I was starting to get cyano on the sand and the algae was getting a bit out of hand. It did the trick though, a lot of the algae died and was eaten up by my otos. Great success!

2 Months ago
View attachment 149494

v.s now
View attachment 149495
Have been filling it out with clippings as the plants grow. Starting to look a bit better. The corys and kuhlis have rearranged the substrate but ehh what are you gonna do? Lol

Also had to do a 3 day black out as I was starting to get cyano on the sand and the algae was getting a bit out of hand. It did the trick though, a lot of the algae died and was eaten up by my otos. Great success!
Wow! That has grown in very well!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back