22 gallon community tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I'm starting to notice more BBA growing on the heater and airstone. The last thing i want is BBA overtaking this tank! As per previous post the only thing I've changed is I've upgraded the light to a fluval aquasky 2.0. I've just cut back all coloured lights with the pro setting and just sticking to white light. I'll see if that helps at all?

That video would make a great entry in April’s Tank of the Month contest which will feature 17 to 30 gallons.

Added some violet alternanthera in the back left corner today and also some dwarf hair grass in the foreground to see if i can get a bit of a carpet going. The shrimp are funny, they are so inquisitive they jumped onto the hair grass as i was still planting it haha
20210215_140749.jpg20210215_140754.jpg

Added some violet alternanthera in the back left corner today and also some dwarf hair grass in the foreground to see if i can get a bit of a carpet going. The shrimp are funny, they are so inquisitive they jumped onto the hair grass as i was still planting it haha
View attachment 129026View attachment 129027
Yes, shrimp are very curious little bits. They always want to check everything that gets in the tank. ??? I have to be careful when I am trimming plants to make sure they do not get into the shears.

Last edited:
Yes, shrimp are very curious little bits. They always want to check everything that gets i the tank. ??? I have to be careful when I am trimming plants to make sure they do not get into the shears.
They're such a great addition to a tank! Mine ride on the BNPs back sometimes when they're trying to get to something he's eating haha

Loving that my Ram is living in harmony with my shrimp now! They've become a lot more comfortable in the tank and are regularly out in the open space!
View attachment 125336

I been hesitant on setting up a 29 gallon Blue Ram tank, the expert advice (including seriouslyfish.com) say you they need temperature: 27 – 30 °C (80-86°F) and pH: 4.0 – 7.0. Yet your Ram seem to being doing quite well in water similar to mine (pH 7.6 GH 110). I assume your water temperature is below 27 °C (80°F).

Thanks for posting, a community tank with Rams may be next for me.

I been hesitant on setting up a 29 gallon Blue Ram tank, the expert advice (including seriouslyfish.com) say you they need temperature: 27 – 30 °C (80-86°F) and pH: 4.0 – 7.0. Yet your Ram seem to being doing quite well in water similar to mine (pH 7.6 GH 110). I assume your water temperature is below 27 °C (80°F).

Thanks for posting, a community tank with Rams may be next for me.

They can be a tricky fish to keep alive. I had a group of 5 Rams and 2 survived, this male and 1 female which i sold.

My water temp gets to a max of 27°C.

He's doing ok but just last few days his colours have faded. Still eating but there's something going on with him.

If you want a similar fish that's not as colourful but more hardy and easier to keep then try a Bolivian Ram.

I want the colors so its a German Ram for me.

The plan was to connect the 29 gallon tank to an existing sump filter, current water temps 25.5°C (78°F). I have the option of dedicated filter for this tank so I can raise the temps.

Hope the Rams is OK.

I want the colors so its a German Ram for me.

The plan was to connect the 29 gallon tank to an existing sump filter, current water temps 25.5°C (78°F). I have the option of dedicated filter for this tank so I can raise the temps.

Hope the Rams is OK.
If you want colour make sure you get a female too. My Ram was super colourful when i had the female in with him then when i took her out he lost his pazzaz.

They're a stunning fish though, you'll love it!

Today i decided to change a a few things in the tank. I moved the rock formations forward so there's less open space at the front and more room to pack out the back and sides with plants. Ended up adding some pink baby tears, lace fern and milfoil.

Top is before, below is after.
20210321_201028.jpg

Ended up getting bored of this set up and was starting to get some BBA spreading all over my plants so I decided to strip the tank and start again! Here's the beginnings of the new set up. I'm thinking a white background, sand capping, some large pieces of spider wood on either side reaching towards the middle and lots of plants.
20210914_224031.jpg

20210914_224038.jpg

20210914_224045.jpg

20210914_224051.jpg

Ok... First of all... just wow man. Im curious at how much the angels went for, I mean JEEZ there was a lot. Second of all that community tank looks stunning its a show stopper. NICE JOB DUDE!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back