21 To Go... What's Your Prediction... When Will It Happen?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
With only 21 to go... when do you predict that it will happen??... I say 2nd June at 09h15 GMT.... Let's see who gets the closest......

Sorry, Mr V., I'm totally not on your wavelength at all - 21 to go of what?

the_lock_man said:

We have 97,979 members.... 21 to go to 98,000 ...... When will the 98,000's  member join......

Ludwig Venter said:

We have 97,979 members.... 21 to go to 98,000 ...... When will the 98,000's  member join......

D'oh!!!! I should have realised that.

4 May, 23:25:14 GMT

Just in time for a Cinco de Mayo celebration. :- 

Am more interested in seeing 100,000 members numbers :p

But I'll play along, there's now 20 to go btw, I will guess maybe around mid June.

eaglesaquarium said:
4 May, 23:25:14 GMT

Just in time for a Cinco de Mayo celebration.
yay.gif

You've gone for Star Wars day, then. I personally wouldn't argue with the venerable Mr Venter. He has tons of historical data to go on.

What's the big deal with May 5th?

http://www.history.com/topics/holidays/cinco-de-mayo

Cinco de Mayo—or the fifth of May—commemorates the Mexican army’s 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War (1861-1867). A relatively minor holiday in Mexico, in the United States Cinco de Mayo has evolved into a celebration of Mexican culture and heritage, particularly in areas with large Mexican-American populations. Cinco de Mayo traditions include parades, mariachi music performances and street festivals in cities and towns across Mexico and the United States.

And it has been adopted amongst the vast majority of Americans as a day to eat 'Mexican' food and drink margaritas, tequila and dos equis.  (Sort of like we do with St. Patrick's Day - you don't have to be Irish to go bar hopping that day.)

Oops!!..... with only 15 to go... I think we might get there a lot earlier than 2 June..... might even be 2 May..... I think my calculations might've been totally out......

eaglesaquarium said:
http://www.history.com/topics/holidays/cinco-de-mayo

Cinco de Mayo—or the fifth of May—commemorates the Mexican army’s 1862 victory over France at the Battle of Puebla during the Franco-Mexican War (1861-1867). A relatively minor holiday in Mexico, in the United States Cinco de Mayo has evolved into a celebration of Mexican culture and heritage, particularly in areas with large Mexican-American populations. Cinco de Mayo traditions include parades, mariachi music performances and street festivals in cities and towns across Mexico and the United States.

And it has been adopted amongst the vast majority of Americans as a day to eat 'Mexican' food and drink margaritas, tequila and dos equis.  (Sort of like we do with St. Patrick's Day - you don't have to be Irish to go bar hopping that day.)

Hey, I like any excuse to eat Mexican. OK, so 5th May for Mexican, 4th July for a burger, 14th July for moules mariniere. When's my excuse for Chinese? And Thai? And Indian? Ooh, and Italian?

the_lock_man said:
Hey, I like any excuse to eat Mexican. OK, so 5th May for Mexican, 4th July for a burger, 14th July for moules mariniere. When's my excuse for Chinese? And Thai? And Indian? Ooh, and Italian?

You need excuses :eek:

Ok, no problem, here are some examples for you ;)

Chinese feast excuse could be for the Chinese New Year which is on the last day of the last month of the Chinese calander (2016 is 8th February, year of Monkey) .

Thai celebration of Thai New Year, Songkran, 13 - 15 April is a good date for Thai food.

Indian celebrates end of Ramadan, Id-Ul-Fitr, July 18th for a tasty Indian feast .

Italians celebrate Feast of the Immaculate Conception (L'Immacolata Concezione) on December 8th.

Seems there is always something to celebrate pretty much throughout the year with a little research ;)

Oh yes, good point.

And yes, there are a lot of celebrations the world over at just about any given time, Indians do seem to celebrate a lot :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back