20gallon Journal - Updated Daily - Indir

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Oh also, would 2 adult discus be okay in my tank (if i sold the other fish ofcourse)? Their a great looking fish, and im interested in getting some lol.

Regards,
Indir

I could have swarn that you have had a thread up asking about Discus in the New World Cichlids section. :unsure:

These fish will kill each-other if put in groups of less than 4 (and even 4 is a risk) so there is no way that 2 would work :sad: Also, they get to dinner plate size. Does it look like a pair of dinner plates would fit in the tank in question :shifty: :lol:

You cannot sex Discus unless they are breeding, so you cannot just get a male-female pair as Juvis :sad: If they paired up, or are bought as a proven pair, they would be the only fish in the tank, as they would kill all tankmates... :crazy:

All the best
Rabbut

Hmmm okay. Figured id ask just incase. From the sites ive looked at on the net a 20 gallon is enough for a breeding tank for 2 discus. Guess ill have to wait to get a bigger tank then :p

Thanks everyone.

Regards,
Indir

8-10 inch fully grown for a discus (acording to our species index) tank is 18inch high, 12 wide, 26 or so long lol. I guess itd be a bit small lol. Ill just wiat for a bigger tank lol

Regards,
Indir

I might be able to help with the bubbles. It might be that your aeration is too strong. Our spray bar was spraying directly onto the water surface and caused the water to foam a little in the way you describe. We've now turned it to the glas so the water is just falling into the tank and the foam has gone. :good: Water will foam if there's enough agitation that is kept going.

Could be worth looking at that to see if it makes a difference.

Thanks, ill clean it off and leave my airstone off for a few days to see if it stays away. Thank you very much.

Regards,
Indir

Hey all,
Got another questions lol.

My rams are starting to follow eachother around a fair bit but the female will lose the darkness of her black for a while then it will come back and the male gets strongers black and fades. Bit wierd lol. Anyone know why this is happening?
They have also developed an orangy colour in the area where they have yellow colour.

Is there some way to identify if they are trying to breed and not just aggresive with one another? They seem to lip lock a bit and will often chase eachother around attempting to nip... Is there a breeding colour they develop or anything like that?

And i just noticed that the male will occasionaly flick his body and sorta swim sideways rubbing his body on the treasure chest, and gravel occasionaly. Is he okay or should i be worried?

Regards,
Indir

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back