April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Mollyforever

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
i have a 10 gallon fish tank with two mollies (the one with blue gravel in the photo)
and i got a 20 gallon fish tank to move my fish into!

the 20 gallon tank is nearing the end of fishless cycling and i was wondering if i need more caves or hiding spots for the new tank.

if anyone has suggestions please share😄
I want their new homes to be fun and safe! What do mollies like in their tank?? Help me please😂

Attachments

• FF1244DB-B8FC-49C2-88DE-B8271F794156.jpeg
    FF1244DB-B8FC-49C2-88DE-B8271F794156.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 995ECA82-106D-4C00-8BB3-A0D335A1256B.jpeg
    995ECA82-106D-4C00-8BB3-A0D335A1256B.jpeg
    330.3 KB · Views: 73
Thanks!! I think I will get bacopa,anacharis, and some water wisteria! Should i get a big anubias nana as well? How about guppy grass?
Anubias is a slow, slow grower, so I'd leave that one until you've got your green fingers good and wet.
Salvinia is a good floater and you could replace that plastic green thing with some Limnophila.

Anubias is a slow, slow grower, so I'd leave that one until you've got your green fingers good and wet.
Salvinia is a good floater and you could replace that plastic green thing with some Limnophila.
One more question Bruce, would i need to supply CO2 in my tank with all the plants?

Nice! Should I place them far from my HOB water outlet?
The outlet will create its own current, pushing any floaters away from it.
One more question Bruce, would i need to supply CO2 in my tank with all the plants?
No need.
Granted, I've seen many great looking tanks, with marvellous planting and a CO2 gizmo in place...but these always belonged to people who actually knew what they were doing, plant-wise and, I suspect, their plants might've looked great without it.
Many of those tanks are often bereft of (CO2-producing) fish.

Often, as with fish, people struggle and then seek some expensive auto-gizmo to solve their issues. ;)

The outlet will create its own current, pushing any floaters away from it.

No need.
Granted, I've seen many great looking tanks, with marvellous planting and a CO2 gizmo in place...but these always belonged to people who actually knew what they were doing, plant-wise and, I suspect, their plants might've looked great without it.
Many of those tanks are often bereft of (CO2-producing) fish.

Often, as with fish, people struggle and then seek some expensive auto-gizmo to solve their issues. ;)
Thank you! Yeah i was hoping i wouldn’t need more equipments since i spent so much already hahaha

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back