Mollyforever

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey everyone!
i have a 10 gallon fish tank with two mollies (the one with blue gravel in the photo)
and i got a 20 gallon fish tank to move my fish into!

the 20 gallon tank is nearing the end of fishless cycling and i was wondering if i need more caves or hiding spots for the new tank.

if anyone has suggestions please share😄
I want their new homes to be fun and safe! What do mollies like in their tank?? Help me please😂

Attachments

• FF1244DB-B8FC-49C2-88DE-B8271F794156.jpeg
    FF1244DB-B8FC-49C2-88DE-B8271F794156.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 995ECA82-106D-4C00-8BB3-A0D335A1256B.jpeg
    995ECA82-106D-4C00-8BB3-A0D335A1256B.jpeg
    330.3 KB · Views: 28

Bruce Leyland-Jones

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Thanks!! I think I will get bacopa,anacharis, and some water wisteria! Should i get a big anubias nana as well? How about guppy grass?
Anubias is a slow, slow grower, so I'd leave that one until you've got your green fingers good and wet.
Salvinia is a good floater and you could replace that plastic green thing with some Limnophila.

OP
Mollyforever

Mollyforever

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Anubias is a slow, slow grower, so I'd leave that one until you've got your green fingers good and wet.
Salvinia is a good floater and you could replace that plastic green thing with some Limnophila.
One more question Bruce, would i need to supply CO2 in my tank with all the plants?

Bruce Leyland-Jones

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Nice! Should I place them far from my HOB water outlet?
The outlet will create its own current, pushing any floaters away from it.
One more question Bruce, would i need to supply CO2 in my tank with all the plants?
No need.
Granted, I've seen many great looking tanks, with marvellous planting and a CO2 gizmo in place...but these always belonged to people who actually knew what they were doing, plant-wise and, I suspect, their plants might've looked great without it.
Many of those tanks are often bereft of (CO2-producing) fish.

Often, as with fish, people struggle and then seek some expensive auto-gizmo to solve their issues. ;)

OP
Mollyforever

Mollyforever

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
The outlet will create its own current, pushing any floaters away from it.

No need.
Granted, I've seen many great looking tanks, with marvellous planting and a CO2 gizmo in place...but these always belonged to people who actually knew what they were doing, plant-wise and, I suspect, their plants might've looked great without it.
Many of those tanks are often bereft of (CO2-producing) fish.

Often, as with fish, people struggle and then seek some expensive auto-gizmo to solve their issues. ;)
Thank you! Yeah i was hoping i wouldn’t need more equipments since i spent so much already hahaha

Most reactions